The following is a list of issues resolved in FrameMaker (2017 release) and subsequent patch releases.
Check the FrameMaker forum for solutions, workarounds, or any late-breaking information.
FrameMaker (2017 release) Update 2 - June 19, 2017
Xerces version upgrade in FDK
The out-of-the-box version of Xerces was upgraded to 3.1 in Update 1. However, some APIs in FrameMaker used Xerces version 2.7. Now, with Update 2 all relevant APIs in FrameMaker have been upgraded to Xerces 3.1. If you are using any plug-in that depends on any other version of Xerces, then it is strongly recommended that you upgrade your plug-ins to use Xerces version 3.1.
- While working on a document in Authoring mode, if user selects any text, the size of text increases in some cases.
(Ref - 2493)
- Random crash noticed when an element is searched using the Find/Change pod.
(Ref - 2953)
- When creating a custom toolbar, if toolbar’s icon image is not found, no message is displayed on the Console window and no default icon is shown in the toolbar.
(Ref - 2545)
- On leaving a .fm file open for a long time in unstructured mode, the status bar displays incorrect values for the page number, paragraph style, and other information.
(Ref - 2520)
- FrameMaker crashes on closing an active document while Edit System Variable pod is open.
(Ref - 2899)
- While generating PDF with CYMK color settings, bold formatting is noticed for random fonts.
(Ref - 2868)
- File Save dialog appears even when there are no unsaved DITA documents in the current session.
(Ref - 2941)
- FrameMaker crashes if a filename containing special characters (% and ^) is published.
(Ref - 2927)
- For a particular case, FrameMaker crashes when a .ditamap file is saved as PDF.
(Ref - 2896)
- For a particular set of files, FrameMaker crashes on scrolling through the files.
(Ref - 2816)
- For a particular case, FrameMaker crashes when a .fm file created in FrameMaker 11 is opened.
(Ref - 2803)
- Opening a MIF file created in FrameMaker 11 results in a crash.
(Ref - 2477)
- Changing the tab stop values while multiple cells in a table are selected results in a crash.
(Ref - 2884)
- For a particular set of files converted from FrameMaker 10 to FrameMaker (2017 release) format, FrameMaker crashes when the converted files are opened in FrameMaker (2017 release).
(Ref - 2813)
- If files containing spaces in their name is published as Basic HTML, then the links to those files is broken in the published output.
(Ref - 2903)
- Search in responsive HTML5 output does not work when the help is published onRoboHelp Server.
(Ref - 2894)
- When generating responsive HTML5 output, image size/resolution is reduced.
(Ref - 2405)
- Using publish settings from FrameMaker (2015 release) to generate responsive HTML5 output throws an error message on opening the index.html file.
(Ref - 2297)
- When an output containing dynamic HTML (drop-down or expanding text) effect is created, the icons associated with the text expansion and collapse are not aligned properly.
(Ref - 2810)
- For a particular set of files containing dynamic HTML effects, the TOC does not get generated as expected.
(Ref - 2809)
- In some cases, Character Designer applies incorrect formatting on selected text.
(Ref - 2861)
- When custom multi-code commands are added in the menus.cfg file, only the first code in the command gets executed.
(Ref - 2808)
- The StyleTag property of a graphic object is not exposed in ExtendScript.
(Ref - 1423)
- API client initialization error message is not technically complete.
(Ref - 2804)
- Extra spaces seen in the alert message shown on opening an invalid application definition file.
(Ref - 2694)
- Alert message shown for unsaved DITA documents is technically incorrect.
(Ref - 2518)
- A typo noticed in the Alerts section of the Preferences dialog.
(Ref - 2357)
- The result of xsl:message in Xalan is not shown on the Console window.
(Ref - 2437)
- Add/Edit Variable pod does not render correctly on a high-resolution display device.
(Ref - 2773)
- The Edit Cross-Reference Format dialog is not re-sizable.
(Ref - 2528)
- Overlapping labels noticed in element tags when a document is viewed along with document boundaries (View > Element Boundaries (As Tags)).
(Ref - 2956)
- A custom zoom level cannot be specified in the zoom drop-down list.
(Ref - 2460)
- Random memory leak issue noticed while working on large-sized XML files.
(Ref - 2772)
- Fail to upload mobile app on PhoneGap build server.
(Ref - 2759)
- When using the Browse URL dialog to open a file, an error message is displayed. Similarly, an error message is displayed on saving a file.
(Ref - 2745)
- When connected to a WebDAV server using the Browse URL dialog, the file and folder structure on the server is not displayed.
(Ref - 2724)
- When connected to an AEM repository using the Connection Manager, if a version label is added to a checked-in file, the label information is not stored.
(Ref - 1504)
- For a particular case, updating DITA references results in deletion of link text.
(Ref - 2687)
- When using the key-based content reference (Insert Conref dialog), the Conref End Element drop-down list does not get refreshed.
(Ref - 2686)
- In a particular case, inserting content through DITA > Insert Conref results in loss of table attributes information.
- Inconsistent table header and footer strings noticed in Add Rows or Column dialog.
(Ref - 2409)
- A table created in DITA 1.2 document allocates more width for first column in comparison to others.
(Ref - 2225)
FrameMaker (2017 release) Update 1 - April 25, 2017
- Graphics toolbar cannot be docked horizontally.
(Ref - 1994)
- User interface issues noticed in the Graphics toolbar.
(Ref - 2191, 1901, 2440, 2439)
- The paragraph tags cannot be renamed.
(Ref - 2132, 2363)
- FrameMaker does not allow customization of the Welcome screen.
(Ref - 1358)
- Adding or editing a variable is done through a modal dialog.
(Ref - 2458)
- For a particular case, FrameMaker crashes when a .fm file saved in 2017 format is saved again in .fm 2015 format.
(Ref - 2366)
- Conditionalized index entry does not hide when the content (containing the index entry) is hidden using filters in responsive HTML5 output.
(Ref - 2367)
- Incorrect FrameMaker Object Model version number appears in ExtendScript Toolkit.
(Ref - 2316)
- Some minor issues noticed in running 508 compliance check on responsive HTML5 output.
(Ref - 2274)
- In some cases, GDI leak is noticed on using the Set Color feature for any graphic object.
(Ref - 2361)
- FrameMaker changes the display format of DITA cross-references from Formatted to Text.
(Ref - 2537)
- When the Show Default Topic option in the Ocean layout is turned off, then no topic is displayed when a link is clicked from the TOC.
(Ref - 294)
- In the Indigo layout, tooltip of the remove favorite button is not correctly worded.
(Ref - 386)
- Conditional Tag menu option is not present in the Insert menu in unstructured mode.
(Ref - 2252)
- Search is not triggered on pressing the Enter key in the Repository Manager pod.
(Ref - 2343)
- Height of the Conditional Text pod cannot be reduced beyond a certain limit.
(Ref - 2177)
- Double separator appears under the Graphics > Tools menu.
(Ref - 2155)
- Cannot insert images of CGM format.
(Ref - 2183)
- Redundant alert messages shown on removing structure from a document.
(Ref - 2158)
- Animated GIF does not render correctly in HTML5 output.
(Ref - 1877)
- The Show Element Context dialog is not resizable.
(Ref - 2131)
- While working on extended monitors, the command search pop-up does not appear as expected.
(Ref - 2510)
- In the paragraph and character designers, the Language selection drop-down displays the language names in their localized languages.
(Ref - 2420)
- In some cases, redundant link tag entries found in responsive HTML5 output.
(Ref - 2411)
- The File Open dialog does not list all supported file formats.
(Ref - 2448)
- When Conditional Tags pod is aligned to the bottom of the screen, the last condition in the scrollable list is not displayed.
(Ref - 2401)
- Unable to expand floating pods.
(Ref - 1852)
- Missing scrollbar noticed when responsive HTML5 output generated using the Indigo layout is viewed in Safari (Sierra OS).
(Ref - 2368)
- In some cases, FrameMaker’s user interface does not render correctly on high-resolution monitors where the scaling is set to 125% or 175%.
(Ref - 2502)
- The Define Color Views dialog appears distorted on a high-resolution monitor.
(Ref - 2364)
- The Equations editor does not scale appropriately on a high-resolution monitor.
(Ref - 2370)
- Erroneous strings noticed in some localized user screens.
(Ref - 1795)
- When a link of responsive HTML5 output is clicked from Google search results, the content is shown without layout.
(Ref - 2546)
- In the Basic HTML output, no index.html file is generated for unstructured documents.
(Ref - 239)
- Closing the advance search dialog in Repository Manager results in a crash.
(Ref - 2233)
- Description for reordering master pages is not correctly mentioned in the Command Search result.
(Ref - 1889)
- Saving a document in view only mode is missing.
- MIF book parser fails to parse Unicode characters in file names.
(Ref - 2514)
- When a .slz file of 2015 release is imported in FrameMaker 2017 release, and a responsive HTML5 output is generated from it, the output does not appear correctly.
(Ref - 2566)
- Renaming a project location adds unwanted characters in the location name.
(Ref - 2421)
- The Smart catalog does not list the description along with the element name.
(Ref - 2334)
- User interface issues noticed in the Sort Table dialog.
(Ref - 1087)
- While publishing a document, if a paragraph style is mapped to <img> HTML tag, FrameMaker crashes.
(Ref - 2422)
- Xerces versions 2.5.0 and 2.7.0 installed in Adobe FrameMaker 2015 version 13.x with update 5 is out of date.
(Ref - 2102)