- If you have received notification from Adobe indicating your software is not genuine, click the notification to learn more, which includes the option to purchase genuine Adobe software or contact Adobe for more information.
- If someone else in your organization is responsible for software purchase (for example, your IT Administrator), you may want to check with them first.
- If you received a notification when trying to install the software, Adobe has blocked a serial number due to misuse. Click the notification for options to resolve.
How does Adobe help reduce piracy?
Adobe aims to stop the supply of fraudulent Adobe software and apps, and help users who have been the victims of fraud.
Software piracy occurs when:
- software has been modified or hacked, and/or
- keys or accounts that are known to have been stolen are used, and/or
Software piracy can expose businesses and consumers to security threats including malware and viruses, and can create decreased efficiencies for consumers and organizations.
Adobe cares that our customers get the best experience from Adobe software and apps, and develops programs to help ensure that customers are educated, informed, and protected. Programs include:
- investigating and bringing action against resellers of non-genuine software,
- blocking serial numbers that have been obtained or generated illegally
- informing customers if they have non-genuine software, both at installation and during product use, offering options to resolve the issue
Using non-genuine software poses a risk for individuals and organizations. Non-genuine software has frequently been modified, leading to issues such as:
- increased risk of exposure to viruses or spyware that can destroy or compromise data
- increased chances of the software not functioning correctly or failing completely
Invalid serial numbers are serial numbers that have been blocked by Adobe due to misuse. When Adobe discovers this fraudulent behavior, the invalid serial numbers are deactivated. Customers may only realize that a serial number has been deactivated when they attempt to install or reinstall the software and should follow the instructions provided to address this issue.
About Adobe software notifications – notifications during product use
Adobe runs validation tests and notifies individuals and organizations that are using non-genuine software. These tests check for software modifications and invalid licenses. If you or someone in your organization has received a notification, this means that non-genuine software has been identified.
Adobe runs validation checks that identify if installed Adobe software or apps are genuine or non-genuine. When non-genuine software or apps are found, the service can inform users through notifications, providing options to resolve the issue. In addition to notifications, customers may also see the validation process running in their Activity monitor (macOS) or Task manager (Windows).
You may have received an email notifying you that our Fraud Prevention specialists have detected fraudulent behavior concerning Adobe serial number(s) associated with the software your company may be using. A fraud impacted serial number is one that may have been copied, stolen, sold, or misused. Please respond to the email for further information.
In an effort to minimize disruption, Adobe will provide you with a new serial number to replace each impacted serial number. Each impacted serial number will then be deactivated to prevent continued misuse. Existing installations using impacted serial number(s) must be uninstalled and the new serial number(s) should be used for reinstallation and new installation.
You may have received emails notifying you that our Fraud Prevention specialists have detected fraudulent behavior concerning the Adobe serial number(s) associated with the software your company may be using. The impacted serial number(s) will be deactivated to prevent continued misuse. Existing installations using the impacted serial number(s) must be uninstalled. New serial number(s) will be provided and should be used for reinstallation and new installation.