Try Adobe Acrobat online services for free to see how quick and easy it is to convert, edit, compress, and sign PDF files.
FAQ | Try Adobe Acrobat online services
Currently, Acrobat online services include the following tools:
You can convert the following file types to PDF using the Acrobat online tools.
Supported File Types
Convert to PDF
DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, PSD, TIF, TIFF,
Convert Word to PDF
DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT
Convert Excel to PDF
Convert PPT to PDF
Convert JPG to PDF
BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF
Convert PDF to Word
Convert PDF to PPT
Convert PDF to Excel
Convert PDF to JPG
JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF
The Acrobat online tools support PDF files of 100MB or less, except for the Compress PDF tool, which lets you compress a PDF that is 500MB or smaller. There is also a 100-page limit for the following tools: Rotate PDF Pages, Delete PDF Pages, and Reorder PDF Pages.
Supported browsers on desktop include:
- Microsoft Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 11 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Mac OS X v10.12 (Sierra) or later using Safari 11 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
Supported browsers on mobile devices include:
- iOS: iOS native browser and Chrome
- Android: Android native browser and Chrome
From the Adobe Acrobat online services page, select the tool you want to use and follow the how-to steps. Note that Acrobat online services upload your files to Adobe Document Cloud. If you sign in, Acrobat will save your file to Adobe Document Cloud; if you don't sign in to save or share your file, Adobe will delete the file from our servers within a short period of time.
Without signing in with an Adobe ID, most tools let you complete one free transaction and download the resulting file one time.
If you sign in with an Adobe ID, you can share, fill, sign, and comment on PDFs for free. When you sign in, you can also try additional premium tools. See below for free quota limits.
After using a tool, if you don’t sign in to save or share your file, Adobe will delete the file from our servers within a short period of time.
If you don't sign in with an Adobe ID, you can only complete one free transaction and download the resulting file one time. There are a few tools, however, that cannot be tried without signing in. If you sign in with an Adobe ID, you can fill, sign, share, and add comments to files for free. To try other premium tools when signed in, free users are subject to the following quota limits:
- You can complete two Request Signatures transactions every 30 days on a rolling basis.
- You can make up to 10 additional free transactions every 7 days on a rolling basis when trying other premium tools. Within this 7-day time period, transaction limits are as follows:
- You can convert one file to or from PDF every 24 hours.
- You can compress one file every 24 hours.
- You can organize the pages in one file every 24 hours using the Organize Pages, Rotate PDF Pages, Delete PDF Pages, or Reorder PDF Pages tool.
- For example, if you sign in on a Tuesday for the first time and use the Convert PDF to Word tool, you have used one free transaction for this 7-day period. You will not be able to use any of the convert tools for 24 hours. On Wednesday, you could compress a file and convert an Excel file to PDF; you will have now used three free transactions in the same 7-day period. To convert or compress another file though, you'd need to wait 24 hours.
- When you reach free quota limits, you’ll be notified online.