Real-Time Customer Data Platform (B2C Edition - Prime and Ultimate Packages) | Product Description
Effective: upon general availability, expected on or about 31 October 2022
Last updated: 12 December 2022
|Products and Services||License Metric|
|Real-Time Customer Data Platform Prime (B2C Edition)||Per 1,000 Person Profiles|
|Real-Time Customer Data Platform Ultimate (B2C Edition)||Per 1,000 Person Profiles|
|Add-ons available generally:
|Additional Ad Hoc Query Users||Per Pack|
|Additional Profile Richness||Per Pack|
|Additional Real-Time CDP Connections Outgoing Calls||Per Million Outgoing Calls|
|Additional Sandboxes||Per Pack|
|Healthcare Shield||Per Each
||Per Million Customer AI Insights
|Privacy and Security Shield||Per Each|
|Add-ons available for Ultimate Package only:|
|Additional Batch API Activation||Per Terabyte|
|Additional Profile API Calls||Per Million Profile API Calls|
|Real-Time CDP Profile Orchestration
||Per 1,000 Person Profiles|
|Healthcare Shield||Per Each|
||Per Million Customer AI Insights|
|Privacy and Security Shield
What is Real-Time Customer Data Platform (B2C Edition)?
Real-Time Customer Data Platform (B2C Edition) (“Real-Time CDP (B2C)”), is an application built on Adobe Experience Platform designed to enable Customer to stitch data from multiple sources, powering real-time Person Profiles that can be managed through data governance to drive personalized experiences. Real-Time CDP (B2C) includes Bundled Services.
Real-Time CDP (B2C) Packages – Prime and Ultimate
Each Real-Time CDP (B2C) On-demand Services Package includes Standard Features. Additional features are included based on the Package licensed by Customer as outlined in the following table:
|Real-Time CDP (B2C) Package||Features|
Standard Features plus:
Customer’s use of Real-Time CDP (B2C) is subject to the following:
The following apply to all Packages, without Add-ons:
- Addressable Audience. Customer may store and process up to the number of Person Profiles authorized in its active Sales Order(s) in the Hub Profile Service.
- Real-Time CDP Connections Outgoing Calls. Each year Customer may process up to 500 Real-Time CDP Connections Outgoing Calls per Person Profile authorized in the Sales Order.
- Initial Implementation Period. Prior to the Initial License Term Start Date, Customer is granted a limited license to access Real-Time Customer Data Platform (B2C) for the sole purpose of implementation and testing at no additional cost to Customer, subject to all other terms and conditions of the Agreement.
The following applies to all Packages, without Add-ons:
- Sandboxes. Real-Time CDP (B2C) includes up to 5 Sandboxes.
The following apply to all Packages, without Add-ons:
- Average Profile Richness. Customer’s Average Profile Richness may be less than or equal to 75 kilobytes per Person Profile.
- Fan Out Ratio. Customer may generate an average of up to 30 Real-Time CDP Connections Outgoing Calls per one Real-Time CDP Connections Incoming Call.
The following apply only to Ultimate Package functionality:
- Second-generation Data Activation. Customer may batch export (directly or indirectly) to any non-Adobe solution, an average of up to 200 kilobytes of Second-generation Data per Person Profile per year through the Data Access API (or other equivalent means provided within Real-Time CDP (B2C)). This Scoping Parameter excludes any Second-generation Data exported through pre-built destination connectors, as described in the Audience Activation Static Limit below.
- Profile Activation. Customer may process an aggregate of up to 5 Profile API Calls per Person Profile per year (e.g., a customer with a licensed entitlement of 1 million Person Profiles could process up to 5 million Profile API Calls per year, aggregated and not tied to each Person Profile).
The following Static Limits apply to all Packages:
- Ad Hoc Queries. Ad Hoc Queries will time out after 10 minutes.
- Adobe Audience Manager Data Flows. For customers ingesting data into Real-Time CDP (B2C) from Adobe Audience Manager, Real-Time CDP (B2C) only supports first-party data sources flowing from Adobe Audience Manager to the Hub Profile Service to be activated through Real-Time CDP (B2C).
- Automated Dataset Expiration. Customer may schedule up to 20 automated dataset expiration work orders per month.
- Batch Segmentation Completion Time. Batch Segmentation Jobs may take up to 7 hours to complete.
- Batch Segmentation Jobs. Customer may process up to 1 Batch Segmentation Job per day.
- Bundled Services:
- Customer AI. Customer may generate up to 52 Customer AI Insights per Person Profile per year through Customer AI.
- Data Lake. Customer may access Customer Data in the Data Lake for up to:
- 7 days solely to facilitate data onboarding into Real-Time CDP (B2C), limited Ad Hoc Queries and First-generation Data activation; and
- 180 days solely to facilitate use cases involving Customer AI training or scoring.
- Query Service. Customer’s right to use Query Service is limited to running Ad Hoc Queries and supports up to 1 concurrent Query Service User and up to 1 concurrently running Ad Hoc Query for the purpose of data ingestion validation.
- Customer Defined Data Labels and Policies. Customer may create up to 3 Customer Defined Data Labels and up to 3 Customer Defined Data Usage Policies to tailor the Adobe-provided data governance framework.
- Data Flows. Customer may designate any hub (or principal) Adobe Experience Platform data center (currently located in the US, the Netherlands, and Australia) as its data residency location. Data will ultimately be stored in the designated data center unless Customer otherwise instructs. Customer Data associated with Person Profiles activated through Real-Time CDP (B2C) will flow through Adobe’s infrastructure in North America to any streaming destination designated by Customer (including but not limited to the display advertising ecosystem).
- Data Ingested per Year. The total quantity of data ingested into Real-Time CDP (B2C) per year may not exceed 3 times the Total Authorized Profile Storage.
- Data Landing Zone. Customer will receive access to one Data Landing Zone per Sandbox. The maximum data Customer may store across all Data Landing Zones is equal to the total data storage provided in connection with all Adobe Experience Platform Products and Services licensed to Customer. Customer may use the Data Landing Zone solely to move Customer Data into and out of Adobe Experience Platform. Data will be automatically deleted from the Data landing Zone after 7 days.
- Edge Segmentation. Edge Segmentation supports up to 1500 inbound events per second entering the Adobe Experience Platform Edge network. Edge Segmentation may take up to 350 milliseconds from the time an inbound event enters the Adobe Experience Platform Edge Network.
- Event Forwarding:
- Event Size. Event Forwarding only supports events under 32 kilobytes.
- Log Retention. Event Forwarding raw logs are retained for 1 hour. The aggregate number of failed and successful outgoing calls is retained for 3 days. The aggregate number of monthly Real-Time CDP Connections Outgoing Calls and Real-Time CDP Connections Incoming Calls is retained for 12 months.
- Testing. Customer is responsible for testing Extensions and Libraries before deploying in production.
- Time Out. Event Forwarding processes will time out after 50 milliseconds.
- First-generation Data Activation. Customer may batch export (directly or indirectly) to any non-Adobe solution an average of up to 500 kilobytes of First-generation Data per Person Profile per year through the Data Access API (or other equivalent means provided by Adobe).
- Preview/Estimate. Real-Time CDP (B2C) supports up to 5 concurrent Users of the preview/estimate functionality of the Segmentation Service. Preview/estimate requests may take up to 30 seconds to complete. If more than the allotted Users are working concurrently, Customer may experience performance degradation.
- Profile Merge Policies. Customer may use up to 3 concurrent Profile Merge Policies, including any system Profile Merge Policies.
- Streaming Segmentation. Streaming Segmentation supports up to 1500 inbound events per second. Streaming Segmentation may take up to 5 minutes to qualify a Person Profile for segment membership.
- Unlicensed Features.
- Certain aspects of Adobe Experience Platform may be accessible within Real-Time CDP (B2C) and its Add-ons, but unless licensed separately, Customer is not licensed to, and must not access or use any features in Adobe Experience Platform not contemplated by Customer’s license to Real-Time CDP (B2C) and its Add-ons, including without limitation Data Science Workspace, Adobe Journey Optimizer, or their components. In addition, unless licensed separately Customer is not licensed to and must not access or use the Bundled Services, except in conjunction with Real-Time CDP (B2C).
The following apply only to Prime Package functionality:
- Audience Activation. Customer may export an average of up to 1,500 kilobytes of Second-generation Data per Person Profile per year to pre-built destinations available within Real-Time CDP (B2C). Customer may not export to destinations using Advanced Destination Connectors, nor to custom destinations via custom destination connectors built by Customer using Adobe’s Destination SDK.
- Sources. Customer may not use the Advanced Enterprise Source Connectors to configure non-Adobe sources into Real-Time CDP (B2C).
The following applies only to Ultimate Package functionality only:
- Audience Activation. Customer may export an average of up to 1,500 kilobytes of Second-generation Data per Person Profile per year to any destinations available within Real-Time CDP (B2C), including through the use of Advanced Destination Connectors, as well as to custom destinations via custom destination connectors built using Adobe’s Destination SDK.
Additional Ad Hoc Query Users means an Add-on to increase Customer’s authorized concurrent Query Service Users entitlement from 1 to 5 for the first Additional Ad Hoc Query Users pack purchased, and by 5 additional concurrent Query Service users and 1 additional concurrently running ad hoc query for every subsequent Additional Ad Hoc Query Users pack purchased. (e.g., a customer licensing 1 Additional Ad Hoc Query User pack will be entitled to a total of 5 concurrent Query Service Users and 1 concurrently running Ad Hoc Query while a customer licensing 2 Additional Ad Hoc Query User packs will be entitled to a total of 10 concurrent Query Service Users and 2 concurrently running Ad Hoc Queries).
Additional Batch API Activation means an increase in the quantity of Second-generation Data that Customer is authorized to batch export (directly or indirectly) to any non-Adobe solution, as described in the Static Limit “Audience Activation” and for Ultimate Package customers only, the additional data export entitlement in the Scoping Parameter “Second-generation Data Activation.“
Additional Profile API Calls means an increase in Customer’s authorized Profile API Calls.
Additional Profile Richness means an increase in Customer’s authorized Average Profile Richness by 25 kilobytes per Person Profile for each Additional Profile Richness pack.
Add-on(s) means additional Products and Services that may be licensed to Customer and identified on the Sales Order.
Ad Hoc Query means an ad hoc query generated from the Query Service Editor, PSQL Client, or Data Science Workspace, as applicable.
Adobe Experience Platform means an open and extensible collection of services that allows Customer to create and manage actionable Person Profiles using various sources across its enterprise and to analyze data to derive insights and drive personalized experiences.
Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection means a set of tools and technologies including SDKs, APIs, tag management capabilities, and Adobe data collection servers that allow Customer to collect data from Customer’s Sites for use in selected Adobe On-demand Services.
Advanced Enterprise Destination Connectors means AWS Kinesis, Azure EventHub, and HTTP API.
Advanced Enterprise Source Connectors means Amazon Redshift, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure EventHub, Azure Synapse Analytics, Google BigQuery, Google PubSub, and Snowflake.
Average Non-production Profile Richness means the sum of all data stored within Non-production Sandboxes in the Hub Profile Service at any point in time, divided by the number of authorized Non-production Person Profiles. Average Non-profile Richness is a Shared Feature.
Average Profile Richness means the sum of all production data stored within the Hub Profile Service at any point in time, divided by the number of authorized Person Profiles. Average Profile Richness is a Shared Feature.
Batch Segmentation Job means a call to execute the evaluation of defined segments for all existing Person Profiles, which may be initiated or pre-scheduled via Adobe Experience Platform APIs, the Adobe Experience Platform UI or any integrated Adobe solution. Batch Segmentation Jobs are a Shared Feature.
Bundled Services means the following Adobe Experience Platform services: Customer AI, Data Lake, and Query Service.
Customer Defined Data Labels means tailored data labels created within Adobe Experience Platform by Customer for its specific use cases. Customer Defined Data Labels are a Shared Feature.
Customer Defined Data Usage Polices means tailored data usage policies created within Adobe Experience Platform by Customer for its use cases. Customer Defined Data Usage Policies are a Shared Feature.
Customer AI is a Bundled Service that enables Customer to develop personalized consumer experiences by applying pre-built machine learning propensity models that reveal advanced predictions on individual consumer behavior and an understanding of why individual consumers might react in a certain way. Customer may create up to 35 active Customer AI Instances per year. Adobe Professional Services may be utilized to enable some Customer AI models.
Customer AI Insights is an individual machine learning prediction of an individual consumer propensity behavior associated with a profile. One or more Customer AI Insights is produced for each unique identifier processed through an Instance during each Scoring Run.
Data Access API means an API that provides Customer with access to retrieve those datasets from the Data Lake that are available to Customer.
Data Lake means the analytical data store within Adobe Experience Platform.
Data Landing Zone means is a cloud-based data storage facility for temporary file storage provisioned with Adobe Experience Platform that Customer may use, as an option, to move data into and out of Adobe Experience Platform. Data Landing Zones are a Shared Feature.
Data Science Workspace means a set of services within Adobe Experience Platform that allows customers to analyze and enhance data, including through the use of data science and machine learning modeling.
Destination SDK means a suite of Adobe APIs that allow Customer to configure a third-party endpoint destinations for use within Adobe Experience Platform.
Directly Identifiable Information means information that can be used to directly identify an individual person, including Stable Identifiers.
Directly Identifiable Person Profile means a Person Profile that includes Directly Identifiable Information.
Edge Profile Service means an ancillary Profile Service located on an Adobe Experience Platform Edge Network.
Edge Segmentation means updating segment membership for a Person Profile on the Edge Profile Service as new data enters the Segmentation Service running on the Adobe Experience Platform Edge Network. Segment membership is evaluated on the current Person Profile attributes on the Edge Profile Service and the value of the current event and up to one day of historical events. Edge Segmentation is a Shared Feature.
Entitlements means usage limits that are strictly monitored and enforced by Adobe. Should Customer exceed an Entitlement, Customer may be obligated to pay overage fees or to license additional capacity.
Event Forwarding means server-side-forwarding functionality that allows Customer to move much of the data collection logic from the Customer-side browser to Adobe’s servers and forward and enrich a data stream simultaneously to multiple destinations to help improve data latency issues across systems.
First-generation Data means raw data (i.e., data that has not been enriched with insights, correlations, audience creation, etc. via Real-Time CDP (B2C)) directly ingested into Real-Time CDP (B2C) from Customer’s data stores or Adobe Experience Cloud solutions.
Healthcare Shield is an Adobe Experience Platform Add-on designed to provide access to the following advanced privacy, governance, and security capabilities: automated consent policy enforcement, customer managed keys, extended thresholds for automated dataset expiration (up to 50 work orders per month).
Hub Profile Service means a central Profile Service located in Customer’s designated primary data residency location. Hub Profile Service is a Shared Feature.
Identity Graph means observed relationships between 1 or more identities, which are determined to refer to the same individual.
Identity Service means a service in Adobe Experience Platform that creates and manages Identity Graphs. Identity Service is a Shared Feature.
Initial License Term means the first time Customer licenses Real-Time Customer Data Platform (B2C) and specifically excludes any renewals, amendments, and upsells.
Instance means a Customer AI machine learning model employed to predict a specified outcome (e.g., variant Customer AI Models might be produced to individual predict conversion propensity, free sign-up propensity, churn propensity, etc.).
Journey Events means an API call to be used to start, progress, or end journeys (including, but not limited to, API calls between Adobe solutions or third-party services).
Non-production Person Profiles means Person Profiles that can only be deployed in Non-production Sandboxes for development and testing purposes.
Non-production Sandbox means a Sandbox that can be used exclusively for development and testing with Non-production Person Profiles. Non-production Sandboxes support a volume of Non-production Person Profiles up to 10% of Customer’s Addressable Audience (measured cumulatively across all of Customer’s authorized Non-production Sandboxes). Non-Production Person Profiles are provided in addition to the Person Profiles provided in Customer’s Addressable Audience. Customer is entitled to up to (i) an Average Non-production Profile Richness of 75 kilobytes per authorized Non-production Person Profile; (ii) 1 Batch Segmentation Job per day per Non-production Sandbox, for use in conjunction with its Non-production Sandboxes, and (iii) if Customer has licensed the Ultimate Package, an average of 120 Profile API calls/Person Profile/year (measured cumulatively across all of Customer’s authorized Non-production Sandboxes).
Overusage Rate means the Overusage Rate detailed in the Adobe Products and Services Pricing Detail Table of the applicable Sales Order. Should Customer’s use of Person Profiles exceed the committed quantity, Customer will incur overusage fees equal to the sum of all daily overages incurred when Customer’s use of Person Profiles exceeds the quantity licensed. The daily Person Profiles overusage fees are calculated as follows:
(quantity of the Person Profiles consumed) -
(quantity of the Person Profiles purchased)
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if Customer exceeds its contracted Person Profiles entitlement, Customer will have up to 7 consecutive days commencing on the first day of the Person Profiles entitlement is exceeded (the “Grace Period”), during which overage fees will not be assessed in order to allow Customer time to bring its total Person Profile usage back below its contracted entitlement during the Grace Period.
Performance Guardrails means usage limits that relate to the scoping of Customer’s proposed use cases. Should Customer exceed a Performance Guardrail, Customer may experience performance degradation; Adobe will not be responsible for such performance degradation. Customers who consistently exceed a Performance Guardrail may elect to license additional capacity and avoid performance degradation.
Person Profile means a record of information representing an individual (including Directly Identifiable Person Profiles and Pseudonymous Person Profiles) in the Profile Service. Data included in a Person Profile may include data related to the individual's attributes, behavior, and segment membership. Person Profile volumes are determined based on the default deterministic Identity Graph included with Adobe Experience Platform and are a Shared Feature.
Privacy and Security Shield is an Adobe Experience Platform Add-on enabling Customer to access the following advanced privacy, governance, and security capabilities: automated consent policy enforcement, customer managed keys, extended thresholds for automated dataset expiration (up to 50 work orders per month).
Profile means a record of stitched information representing an individual or a business in the Profile Service. Data included in a Profile may include data related to attributes, behavior/events, and segment membership.
Profile API Call means a call made from any non-Adobe solution (directly or indirectly) to an Adobe Experience Platform REST-based API that returns or activates a single Profile.
Profile Merge Policy means rules that the Profile Service uses to determine how data from different sources will be combined to create unified Profiles.
Profile Orchestration means an Add-on that enables Customer to create and orchestrate cross-channel experience journeys that can be automatically triggered based on Customer’s pre-specified Journey Events. Journey Orchestration supports up to 5,000 Journey Events per second with standard configuration. Customer’s licensed quantity of RTCDP Profile Orchestration must mirror Customer’s licensed quantity of Profiles. The performance limitations of Customer’s activation end points and data sources (including other third-party services) may limit throughput, which may require Customer to license additional capacity. RTCDP Profile Orchestration does not include a license to any features in Adobe Experience Platform not contemplated by Customer’s license to RTCDP Profile Orchestration, including without limitation, Messages, Business Events, or Read Segment.
Profile Service means a data store within Adobe Experience Platform where Profiles are created and stored. Profile Service is a Shared Feature.
Pseudonymous Person Profile means a Person Profile that includes no Directly Identifiable Information.
Query Service means a service in the Adobe Experience Platform that facilitates Customer's use of standard SQL to query and transform data in Adobe Experience Platform. Query Service is a shared feature.
Query Service User means any User making an SQL query to Query Service through the Query Service user interface, a Notebook, Experience Platform API, or external system any for data analysis or data exploration.
Real-Time CDP Connections means a Standard Feature that provides Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection and Event Forwarding capabilities allowing Customer to forward data on Adobe’s server side to Customer’s configured end points using Adobe and partner-built Extensions.
Real-Time CDP Connections Incoming Call means a network call initiated by Customer and received on Adobe’s Data Collection servers.
Real-Time CDP Connections Outgoing Calls means a network call via Event Forwarding to forward or enrich data to a Customer configured end point.
Sandbox means a logical separation within Customer’s instance of any Adobe On-demand Service that accesses Adobe Experience Platform isolating data and operations. Sandboxes can either be used for production purposes or as Non-production Sandboxes. Sandboxes used for production purposes share the authorized entitlements of the base Adobe Experience Platform production system (measured cumulatively across all of Customer’s Sandboxes used for production purposes). Non-production Sandboxes share the authorized entitlements specified with non-production use cases (measured cumulatively across all of Customer’s authorized Non-Production Sandboxes). Sandboxes are a Shared Feature.
Second-generation Data means any data other than First-generation Data.
Scoping Parameters means usage limits that relate to the scoping of Customer’s proposed use case. Should Customer exceed a Scoping Parameter, Adobe will work with Customer to remedy the issue which led to the overage. Should Customer persistently exceed a Scoping Parameter, Customer may be required to license additional capacity.
Scoring Run means the processing of Person Profiles through an Instance.
Segmentation Service means the service within Adobe Experience Platform that allows Customer to create and manage its Person Profile segments. Segmentation Service is a Shared Feature.
Shared Feature means a feature or functionality and its associated limitations that are shared (i.e., not additive) across all applicable Adobe Experience Platform-based Products and Services licensed by Customer. If any of Customer’s other applicable Adobe Experience Platform-based Product and Services provide a higher limitation (either because the base-level limitation is higher or because Customer has licensed an available add-on), the highest limit will apply to all of Customer’s applicable Adobe Experience Platform-based Products and Services, except as expressly set forth otherwise for such limitation.
Stable Identifier means any identifier other than a cookie ID or device ID.
Standard Features means those generally available features described herein and in Adobe’s general documentation for Real-Time CDP (B2C), which enable Customer to collect and stich data across the enterprise, and power real-time Person Profiles that can be managed through data governance to drive personal experiences. Standard Features also includes Real-Time CDP Connections. Standard Features do not include those additional features included with the Ultimate Package, as listed in the Package Table above.
Static Limit means a usage limit that relates to the functional boundaries of Real-Time CDP (B2C). Customer may not modify Static Limits.
Streaming Segmentation means updating segment membership for a Person Profile as new data enters the Segmentation Service through a streaming flow. Segment membership is evaluated based on the current Person Profile attributes and the value of the current event, without taking historical behavior into account. Streaming Segmentation is a Shared Feature.
Total Authorized Profile Storage means Total Production Storage plus Total Non-production Storage. Total Authorized Profile Storage is a Shared Feature.
Total Non-production Storage means Average Non-production Profile Richness (including any add-ons) multiplied by the number of authorized Non-production Person Profiles. Total Non-Production Storage is a Shared Feature.
Total Production Storage means Average Profile Richness (including any add-ons) multiplied by the Addressable Audience. Total Production Storage is a Shared Feature.
Unitary Event means an event that relates to an individual person’s behavior and is linked to an individual Profile.