When you launch Lightroom, does the following error message appear? If so, try the solutions below in order.
The Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries may cause conflict with the Lightroom installer prerequisites. To uninstall the libraries, follow the steps on the Autodesk website.
Once the removal is complete, repeat Solution 2 to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom.
Contact Microsoft if you need help doing this.
The following solutions can also solve the issue. They are easier to perform, but less likely to solve the issue than repairing or reinstalling Windows.
Contact Microsoft if you need help with steps 2, 4, and 5.
1. Install the 32-bit version of Lightroom.
- Locate the most recent downloaded version of Lightroom, or the most recent update.
- Open the installer.
- Instead of double-clicking the Install Lightroom.exe file, open the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom folder.
- Double-click the setup32.exe file to install the 32-bit version of Lightroom.
2. If you created a restore point in Windows before the problem started, revert to that point.
Users have reported success after reverting to a Windows restore point prior to the installation of the iLivid download manager.
4. Run a scan for viruses.
5. Run chkdsk to look for disk errors.