In the Design mode, select one or more artboards that you want to share. To select multiple artboards, either marquee-select them, or Shift-select each of them.
Share selected artboards
- Adobe XD User Guide
- What's new in Adobe XD
- Common questions
- Design, prototype, and share with Adobe XD
- System requirements
- Workspace basics
- Change app language in Adobe XD
- Access UI design kits
- Accessibility in Adobe XD
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Tips and tricks
- Artboards, guides, and layers
- Shapes, objects, and path
- Text and fonts
- Components and states
- Masking and effects
- Videos and Lottie animations
- Create interactive prototypes
- Animate prototypes
- Object properties supported for auto-animate
- Create prototypes with keyboard and gamepad
- Create prototypes using voice commands and playback
- Create timed transitions
- Add overlays
- Design voice prototypes
- Create anchor links
- Create hyperlinks
- Preview designs and prototypes
- Share, export, and review
- Share selected artboards
- Share designs and prototypes
- Set access permissions for links
- Work with prototypes
- Review prototypes
- Work with design specs
- Share design specs
- Inspect design specs
- Navigate design specs
- Review and comment design specs
- Export design assets
- Export and download assets from design specs
- Group sharing for enterprise
- Back up or transfer XD assets
- Design systems
- Cloud documents
- Integrations and plugins
- Work with external assets
- Work with design assets from Photoshop
- Copy and paste assets from Photoshop
- Import or open Photoshop designs
- Work with Illustrator assets in Adobe XD
- Open or import Illustrator designs
- Copy vectors from Illustrator to XD
- Plugins for Adobe XD
- Create and manage plugins
- Jira integration for XD
- Slack plugin for XD
- Zoom plug-in for XD
- Publish design from XD to Behance
- XD for iOS and Android
- Known and fixed issues
- Installation and updates
- Launch and crash
- Cloud documents and Creative Cloud Libraries
- Prototype, publish, and review
- Import, export, and working with other apps
Learn how to quickly share selected artboards with your stakeholders.
XD provides you with a quick and simple way to share selected artboards directly from the Design mode, without having to wire them manually.
Here are some scenarios where you can benefit from sharing artboards directly from the Design mode:
- You want to share a single artboard or a couple of artboards for a quick review.
- You want to share artboards of a presentation that you have placed in a certain order in XD without wiring them.
Share selected artboards from the Design mode
Select Shareand release the mouse button.
- The selected artboards are automatically wired, ordered from left to right, and top to bottom, creating a linear Flow. The wires added are of Tap trigger, with default settings. The artboard in the upper left of the selection is set as the Home artboard.
- This Flow of artboards is automatically published and a shareable Design Review link is generated.
The Share icon () doesn't appear if all artboards in your selection are empty.
Share the link with your stakeholders.
Deselect Auto-create Link when Sharing to prevent XD from generating a shareable link:
- XD> Preferences > Auto-create Link when Sharing (macOS)
- Edit > Preferences > Auto-create Link when Sharing (Windows).
When you select Sharein the Design mode, XD automatically creates a linear Flow, generates a shareable link, and switches to the Share mode. If you want to add new artboards or remove any artboards from the created Flow, you can use the wiring options in the Prototype mode. Follow the steps below:
a. To wire an artboard, select the blue arrow on the source artboard and drag it to the destination artboard.
b. To delete wiring to an artboard that you want to remove from the Flow, select the wire and press Delete.
Want more control over wiring? Explore the Prototype mode. For details, see Create interactive prototypes.
When you share selected artboards that are already wired, some of the wires are removed — to create a linear Flow from the selected artboards.
The following types of pre-existing wires are removed:
- All wires to artboards outside of the selection.
- Tap trigger based wires between artboards that are not next to each other in the artboard order within the selection.
XD will not remove wires from Main Components to any artboards outside the selection.
Here, the artboards are already wired. You want to share the first three artboards from the Design mode. To create a linear Flow from the selected artboards, the highlighted wires have to be removed.
A. Tap trigger based wire between artboards 1 and 3 is removed as they are not next to each other within the selection B. Wire to Artboard 4 is removed as it is outside of the selection
In all cases where wires are removed, the following message is displayed.
To resolve this conflict, do one of the following:
- Select Cancel and then manually check and modify the wiring before sharing again.
- Select Continue to allow XD to modify the wiring and continue sharing the selected artboards.
To retain the existing wiring of the selected artboards, create copies of those artboards and then share.
With the Outline Stroke feature in Adobe XD, you can easily customize paths, borders, and shapes making scaling objects and exporting them to SVG for the Web with no effort at all. Watch this tutorial from Dani Beaumont — Principal Product Manager, Adobe XD — to learn how to use Outline Stroke.
Watching time: 2 minutes 50 seconds.
Have a question or an idea?
Have a question to ask or an idea to share? Come and participate in Adobe XD Community. We would love to hear from you and see your creations.
Prisijunkite prie savo paskyros
Greitos nuorodosPeržiūrėkite visus savo planus Tvarkykite savo planus