Troubleshooting steps for some common issues in Linked Symbols.
Ensure to back up your source document when starting with Linked Symbols.
How do you troubleshoot a broken Linked Symbol?
- If the symbol is not saved in the source document, save the symbol and update the linked symbols in the destination documents.
- If the source document has been moved or renamed, click the broken link icon to relink to the source document.
- If the source document is deleted, click the broken link icon to relink to the backed-up XD document. If a back-up does not exist, convert the linked symbol to a local symbol.
- If the linked symbol in the source document is deleted, click the broken link icon to relink to any document with the missing symbol.
- If your network is offline, XD cannot locate the source document. In such cases, the broken symbol automatically resolves once the network is back.
- If the source document is launched through a different machine, click the broken link icon and relink to the source document.