ColdFusion (2016 release) Update 3 - Installer refresh
ColdFusion (2016 release) Update 3 - Installer refresh release notes.
ColdFusion (2016 release) Update 3 (release date: December 13, 2016) includes the following features and enhancements:
- Refreshed installer
- Decoupling of API Manager installer from the server installer
- Deprecated features
- API Manager installer changes
Read on to know more about the changes.
Updates to API Manager
In this release of Update 3, we have introduced the following features in API Manager:
- Multi-tenancy - Can now share API’s among users belonging to different domains or organizations, thus maximizing resource sharing among multiple tenant while providing an isolated view for each tenant.
- Configuring SAML Service Provider and Identity Provider - Enhanced security with SSO.
- Policies in API Manager - Change the behavior of an API by making certain configuration changes. The policies are executed sequentially at the request/response of an API.
- API Manager Updates - Receive updates as notifications in APIM Admin (similar to Server).
- Redis cluster changes - Scale API Manager by adding or removing Redis nodes and manage automatic failover by creating slaves.
- Request and response compression methods - Specify if a resource supports compression or not and if yes, which algorithm it support (g-zip or deflate).
Changes to API Manager installer
Standalone Installers – API Managers installers are now decoupled from the server installers.
- Installers - Available for all platforms (Win, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris)
- Add-on Installers – These installers have been updated to allow for API Manager and REDIS cluster configuration
There is also a change in the API Manager installer. You now require a ColdFusion Enterprise license key to install API Manager. For more information, see Installing API Manager.
Deprecated features in this release
The following have been deprecated in this update:
For more information, see Deprecated features.
Known issues in this release
For a list of known issues in this release, see Known issues.