When you view raw image files from a digital camera in Adobe Bridge, you see generic file icons instead of actual image previews.
Perform the following tasks in order. After you complete each task, start Adobe Bridge and see if the issue is resolved. If the issue still occurs, then proceed to the next task.
Adobe Bridge reads raw files using the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in. This plug-in installs automatically when you install Adobe Bridge.
Look for your camera model in Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras.
- If your camera is listed in that document, then continue with the tasks in this document.
- If your camera is not listed, then it is not supported. Check Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras periodically to see if the Camera Raw plug-in has been updated with support for your camera.
Tip: If you have an Adobe Bridge icon on the desktop, make sure it's an alias and not a copy of the actual application file.
Purging the cache deletes previously stored thumbnail information for all folders. It also deletes labels, ratings, and rotation settings for read-only files or file formats that don't have XMP support. (Read-only files include locked files or files on a CD, for example.)
If the problem persists after you've cleared the cache, make sure that you're using the most recent update of your version of Adobe Bridge. Also make sure that you have the most current version of the Camera Raw plug-in.
Tip: To see what version of Camera Raw is installed, choose Bridge > Camera Raw Preferences (Mac OS) or Edit > Camera Raw Preferences (Windows). The version number appears in the title bar of the preferences dialog box.
|Adobe Bridge latest version||Camera Raw latest version|
|Adobe Bridge CC (6.0)||Camera Raw 8.1|
|Adobe Bridge CS6 (5.0.2)||Camera Raw 8.1|
If the problem persists after you install the most recent Camera Raw plug-in update (or if the Camera Raw preferences menu item is unavailable), remove any extra instances of the Camera Raw plug-in.
|Adobe Bridge version||Mac OS||32-bit Windows||64-bit Windows*|
|CC||/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats||C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats (for 32-bit folders) and C:\Program Files \Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats (for 64-bit folders)|
|CS6||/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS6/File Formats||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats||C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats (for 32-bit folders) and C:\Program Files \Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats (for 64-bit folders)|
* For Adobe Bridge CS4 and later on 64-bit editions of Windows, two versions of the Camera Raw plug-in are expected. Adobe Bridge uses the 32-bit version; Photoshop uses the 64-bit version.
- Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe Bridge [version number]/Plug-Ins
- 32-bit editions of Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge [version number]\Plug-Ins
- 64-bit editions of Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Bridge [version number]\Plug-Ins
Tip: If you don't know what version of Windows you're using, see Determine whether your computer is running a 32-bit or a 64-bit edition of Windows.