Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition software is no longer available. Adobe discontinued the product and ongoing technical support ended June 30 2009. If you downloaded Photoshop Album Starter Edition and didn't register by 5 p.m. (Pacific Time) on July 31 2009, you can't receive an unlock code.
If you have a registered copy of Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition, you can continue using the application. There is no interruption to your desktop product. However, customer and technical support is no longer available.
If you exceed the number of attempts to open Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition before registering it, your application gets locked. However, your photos are safe at the location where you imported them. For more information, see the following:
Because Photoshop Album Starter Edition is no longer supported, customer support personnel cannot provide you with an unlock code.
Your photos are safe, and are present in the folder on your computer that you specified when importing them. If you used Photoshop Album Starter Edition to import your files from the camera without changing the default folder, look in this folder:
- Windows® XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\My Documents\My Pictures\Adobe\Digital Camera Photos
- Windows Vista®/7: C:\Users\[User Name]\Pictures\Adobe\Digital Camera Photos
Note: The thumbnail of your photos you see in Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition are copies of your original photos.
If you cannot find your photos in this folder, it is most probably because you:
- Specified another folder during import/Moved your files after import: If you do not remember the location, search for your files using their filenames or filename extensions (for example, JPG, PNG, and so on).
- Deleted your photos after import: If you did not permanently delete your files, look for your photos in the Recycle Bin.
Information you added to photos, such as captions, tags, and so on, in Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition are present in the catalog (.psa) file. If you had accepted the default path, the file is present in your computer at:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Album\Catalogs
- Windows Vista/7: C:\Program Data\Adobe\Photoshop Album\Catalogs
The catalog file is present even if you have uninstalled Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition from your computer.
You can download and install a trial version of Photoshop Elements. This converts your Album catalog into an Elements catalog, which brings all your images into the Elements Organizer. Install the trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements from www.adobe.com/downloads/.
Part digital asset management, part powerful image editor. Easy to learn and fun to use. For more information, visit www.adobe.com/go/photoshopelements
A complete photography workflow. Import, manage, edit, and export your images from one intuitive interface. For more information, visit www.adobe.com/go/lightroom
The premiere image-editing application. For more information, visit www.adobe.com/go/photoshop