Deprecated IE10 support with IMS
Internet Explorer 10 Support Deprecation: Earlier version of Technical Communication Suite and its products relied on Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) for Sign-In workflows required during licensing. As Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) Adobe IMS Authentication has now deprecated support against this version of Internet Explorer.
Adobe is also moving away from supporting Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) based licensing workflows, and the latest release of Technical Communication Suite and its products would not face any issue. Still, if you are using an older version of FrameMaker, RoboHelp, or other products, you may face licensing and signing-in challenges. The below article details out the workaround to be applied to fix these issues.
Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10). As such, Adobe will not fix issues reported against these specific versions of Internet Explorer.
aasiapp.exe File Information
This file is located on the following path:
- Adobe Captivate (2019 release) and Adobe Captivate (2017 release)
- Adobe Presenter Video Express 12
- Adobe Presenter 11.1
- Adobe Framemaker
- Adobe RoboHelp
The file needs to be copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7\AASIapp.exe.
Ensure that IE 11 is installed with TLS 1.2 enabled and Operating System should be updated to the latest version.
If you are not able to locate the folder P7, then follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the extracted installer folder > packages > AAM. The folder P7 resides in this location.
- Open P7 and copy the file P7.pima file to the desktop.
- Rename P7.pima to P7.zip and extract the zip file.
- Replace AASIapp.exe in the extracted folder.
- Copy the folder P7 and paste it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp.
- Run the installer.
If Solution 1 does not work, then try the steps below:
- Add Set-up.exe in the registry at the below locations:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
- Add DWORD 32 bit and add Set-up.exe under name and value as 2af8 on the above mentioned registry locations (as shown below) and run the installer again.