Fonts are synced via the free Creative Cloud desktop application, which is available for:
- Mac OS X 10.9 and higher
- Windows 7 and higher
It is not possible to sync fonts from Typekit on older versions of Mac OS X or Windows, or on other operating systems, as the Creative Cloud desktop application is not available on those platforms.
A Typekit Portfolio plan with the full font library for web and sync use is included with:
- A paid monthly or annual Creative Cloud All Apps subscription;
- Each seat of a Creative Cloud team subscription;
- A Portfolio, Performance, or Business stand-alone Typekit plan;
- Any single-application Creative Cloud plan (except Adobe Acrobat).
A Typekit Free plan with a selection of fonts for web and sync use is included with:
- The Creative Cloud Photography Plan;
- The administrative contact for a Creative Cloud team subscription;
- An Adobe Acrobat single-application plan;
- Trial Creative Cloud subscriptions.
Creative Cloud is also offered via several educational licensing programs, some of which include a Typekit Portfolio plan and some of which include the Typekit Free plan. Please get in touch with your school's Adobe representative if you have any questions on the particular package that you purchased.
Typekit Enterprise subscribers may sync fonts from the Limited library, but do not have the option to upgrade to full library access. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on your Typekit Enterprise subscription.
If your Creative Cloud subscription includes Typekit Free and you would like to upgrade to the full font library, you can either:
- upgrade to a Creative Cloud plan that includes Typekit Portfolio, or
- upgrade your Typekit subscription separately. The Typekit upgrade will bill independently of your Creative Cloud subscription.
To upgrade your Typekit plan: