Open the file in your Creative Cloud app.
Create or convert files to cloud documents
- Creative Cloud User Guide
- Introduction to Creative Cloud
- Download, install, set up, and update
- Manage your account
- Creative services
- Collaboration and storage services
- What are cloud documents
- Cloud documents | Common questions
- Create or convert files to cloud documents
- Set up cloud documents to use offline
- Revert to an earlier version of a cloud document
- Share your work for commenting
- Why can't I see my cloud documents offline?
- Creative Cloud Libraries
- Collaborate on Creative Cloud Libraries and folders
- Collaboration FAQ
- Sync your files using cloud storage
- Find how much cloud storage you have
- Set sync options
- Creative Cloud mobile apps
- Enterprise and teams
Learn how to create or convert files to cloud documents.
Create a new cloud document
You can create new cloud documents in Adobe Fresco, Adobe Aero, Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Adobe XD | Adobe Fresco | Adobe Aero
Cloud documents are the native file format for Adobe XD, Adobe Fresco, and Adobe Aero—all files in these apps are saved as cloud documents.
In Adobe XD, documents can also be saved as local documents. (To save as a non-cloud document, select File > Save As Local Document.)
Photoshop | Illustrator
Convert an existing file to a cloud document
Convert Photoshop, Illustrator, or XD files to cloud documents
Select File > Save As.
Save your document as a cloud document. The dialog box you see depends on your app and how you saved your previous document.
In Photoshop and Illustrator, if you selected Don't show again earlier, you see a different dialog box.
Your document doesn't overwrite the existing file. It is saved as a cloud document and gets a new extension.
Convert multiple files to cloud documents
You can convert multiple Photoshop, Illustrator, or XD files to cloud documents from the Creative Cloud desktop app.
Open the Creative Cloud desktop app. (Select the icon in your Windows taskbar or the macOS menu bar.)
In the Files tab, select Your files.
Select the Create new icon , and then select Upload.
You can also drag and drop the files to convert them to cloud documents.
Select the Photoshop, Illustrator, or XD files to be converted to cloud documents, and then select Open.
Select Continue to convert the files into cloud documents.
You can select the Cloud activity icon on the upper right to check the progress of conversion.
Once converted, you can view and edit the converted cloud documents from the Creative Cloud desktop app as well as in Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD.