Your best resource for getting started with the user interface of Adobe Fresco is this video we have created for you. Download Adobe Fresco, launch the app, and watch the video as you try the different tools to draw and paint. You will also find short, helpful videos for the tools right within the app.
Keep this article handy. You will find information about the core workflow, the workspace, and settings.
Each artwork is a document in Adobe Fresco. Tap on Create new on your Home screen to start drawing on a blank canvas.
Adobe Fresco gives you many different print and digital layouts to choose from. You can also specify and save your own custom size and orientation.
On your Home screen, tap on Import and open to work on an existing PSD document or project created with Adobe Sketch or Adobe Draw. You can import large Photoshop files (.PSB) into Fresco.
When you open a document, you get all your drawing and painting tools and other helpful controls right there in the workspace.
Icons on the title bar
Use these icons to quickly go to the Home screen, undo, get help, open the Share workspace, access document and app settings, and make your canvas full-screen.
Watch this video to see how you can use the different Adobe Fresco tools and controls to change parts of a drawing.
Transform tool Use this tool you can also achieve very small or precise transformations of layers or selections.
You can use nudge on the canvas by tapping on it in any direction and move the object one pixel at a time. Move the selected transform in 8 directions such as side-to-side, up-and-down, and diagonal.
When you hold down the touch shortcut and move, the transform box moves 10 pixels in the desired direction.
Fresco supports keyboard shortcuts. Use common and consistent keyboard shortcuts across Fresco and Photoshop on iPad.
You can access the list of keyboard shortcuts using one of the following steps:
- Open a document and tap Help icon at the upper-right corner of the Adobe Fresco workspace and select Keyboard shortcuts.
- Open a document and tap on the Settings icon, tap App settings. In App settings dialog, tap Help > Keyboard shortcuts.
In-app profile name and avatar editing is not available in Adobe Fresco 1.1 on Windows. For more information, see Adobe Fresco on Windows.
Adobe Fresco automatically syncs your documents to your Creative Cloud account. The Cloud icon in the upper-right corner of the workspace indicates whether or not you are connected.
Tap on the Cloud documents tab in the left navigation section of your Home screen to view and manage your Adobe Fresco documents.
The icon in each document thumbnail indicates the sync status of the document or if the document is offline.
From the More Options pop-up for each document, you can perform document management actions, such as rename, export, duplicate, and delete. You can make a document available offline if you want to access it at all times.
Adobe Fresco keeps your deleted documents for 30 days.
Open a document and tap on the Settings icon to view and customize the document settings.
- Tap on the document name in the Settings panel to rename the document.
- Change the angle for rotation snapping.
- Flip or rotate the canvas.
- Disable or enable the touch shortcut.
Tap on the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the Adobe Fresco workspace to view and customize the app settings.
Under General > Interface:
- Select Right from the Toolbar drop-down list to move the toolbar to the right of the canvas if you like left-handed drawing.
- Choose a dark or light color theme for the interface.
Under General > Quick Export Settings:
- Choose PNG, PSD, or PDF as the default file format for quick export (instead of JPG).
Under Input > Apple Pencil:
- Set the pressure sensitivity of your stylus.
- Set the default action for a double-tap with your Apple Pencil.
Under Input > Touch:
- Customize finger settings and touch shortcut settings.
- Edit account settings, such as your profile picture, and check your available Creative Cloud storage and device storage.
- View premium features. See how to upgrade to a paid plan of Adobe Fresco.
- Sign out if required.
Under Help > Learn:
- Tap on View gestures. You can also view the supported gestures by tapping on the Help icon while working on your artwork.
- Tap on Touch shortcut to view a mapping of tools and touch shortcuts. You can also access this information by tapping on the Help icon while working on your artwork.
Under Help > Support:
- Tap on Suggest a feature to share your ideas for features and to browse and vote for ideas that you like. We would love to hear your ideas about making Adobe Fresco better.
- Save support logs to help troubleshoot any problem you face with Adobe Fresco.
Tap on the Discover tab on your Home screen to see a variety of artwork created with Adobe Fresco. Tap on the videos to see streams created by artists showcasing their workflow in the app.
If you find any bugs while working with the Fresco app, you can now report a bug from within the app.
- Open a document, tap on the Help icon, and, tap Report a bug.
- Alternatively, you can open a document and tap on the Settings icon and tap App settings. In the App settings panel, tap About on the left navigation section and tap Report a bug.
When you tap on Report a bug, an email composer opens, enabling you to compose a mail and send to email@example.com. You can attach your findings to the mail and send to us.
If you haven't configured your email client already, you get a message prompting you to configure.
If you have a question to ask or an idea to share, come and participate in Adobe Fresco Community. We would love to hear from you and see your creations.