Starting around mid-January 2013, Adobe will start upgrading Adobe Connect 9 hosted customers to Adobe Connect 9 Update 2 (9.0.2).
This update requires a new Adobe Connect Add-in for functionality specific to meeting hosts and presenters on Windows and Mac OS. You will be asked to install the new Add-in in the following circumstances:
- You try to start or join 9.0.2 meeting for first time and have older version of the Add-in installed.
- You start screen sharing, application sharing, or share PowerPoint (PPTX format) files, and don’t have the latest version of the Add-in installed.
The new Add-in fixes the following bugs:
- 3084227: Add-in quits when making recording offline
- 3303154: Windows Add-in crashes when Add-in instance closed while making recording offline
- 3328652: Add-in crashes when user start -> stop --> restart screen share on Windows 7
- 3340821: Video out of sync from audio if an FLV file, created by Recording offline feature, is converted to any other format
- 3337375: Black dotted stripe/line overlaid on camera feed
- 3368170: connectaddin.exe is not digitally signed
The new Add-in is backwards compatible, so you can download and install it before 9.0.2 upgrade. The version of the new Add-in is 126.96.36.199 (Windows) and 188.8.131.52 (Mac OS).