This document can help you to resolve system errors that occur while you use Adobe FrameMaker 9.0 on Windows XP. System errors can manifest in many different ways, including (but not limited to) the following:
- A blank or flickering dialog box
- A frozen cursor or screen
- A blue screen
- An unexpected restart
- An error such as one of the following:
- "Internal Error [number],[number],[number],[number]"
- "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor."
- "FrameMaker caused a General Protection Fault in module [filename]."
- "FrameMaker caused an Invalid Page Fault in module [filename]."
- "Application Error."
- "Unhandled exception detected. Application will be terminated."
- "Illegal Instruction."
- "Segment load failure in [filename]."
- "FrameMaker has encountered a problem and needs to close."
- "Fatal System Error."
- A STOP error
Many different factors can cause system errors, including conflicts among device drivers, applications, operating system settings, hardware, and corrupt elements in specific files. Although a system error may occur only when you work with FrameMaker, FrameMaker may not necessarily be the cause; it may be the only application that uses enough memory or processor cycles to expose the problem.