This document contains known issues and troubleshooting tips not covered in Adobe Presenter documentation.
- On Windows 7 (without SP1) and Windows Vista (with service packs), PowerPoint does not launch after Adobe Presenter 8 (64 bit) is installed. The following error appears:
"PowerPoint found an error that it can't correct. You should save presentations, quit, and then restart PowerPoint"
- Close Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Restart your computer.
- Run the Adobe Presenter 8 64-bit installer again.
- Launch Microsoft PowerPoint.
- When prompted to disable the Adobe Presenter plug-in, click No.
Microsoft PowerPoint launches successfully and you can continue using Adobe Presenter
- Adobe Presenter audio cannot be synchronized correctly with animations if a slide contains a mix of on-click animations and after/previous animations.
Workaround: For the Adobe Presenter audio to sync correctly, ensure that all animations on a slide are on-click animations.
- Total number of questions reported to Adobe Connect is incorrect if a question group is set to show less number of questions than the actual questions in project.
- Adobe Presenter does not appear as a Microsoft PowerPoint ribbon if the installation folder name contains double-byte characters. Enabling the add-ins too does not add the Adobe Presenter ribbon to PowerPoint.
Workaround: Ensure that the Adobe Presenter installation path does not contain any double-byte characters.
- Moving question slides from one quiz to another in the presentation slides can create error scenarios in published output.
Workaround: Edit and move question slides within the Quiz Manager. Do not move question slides directly in the presentation filmstrip.
- If the presentation contains question slides copied from within the presentation or from other presentations, the published content remains in the loading state when played.
Workaround: After copying and pasting question slides, open the Quiz Manager and click OK. When you do so, the newly added question slides are updated and the published output works as expected.
- Adobe Presenter 8 supports only limited audio formats.
Workaround: Use mp3 and WAV audio files in PowerPoint or Presenter. Also, the supported video formats are - asf, wmv, mpg, mp4, dv, dvi, mov, 3g, FLV file, and SWF file. This issue is a legacy behavior and there is no change in the support provided for media formats in Adobe Presenter 8.