When launching Character Animator CC, one of the following licensing messages appears:
- A Licensing Error dialog box appears with the following error message:
Character Animator requires an All Apps plan for Creative Cloud. Please launch the Creative Cloud application and sign in with a licensed Adobe ID. If you are already signed in: choose Help > Sign Out, then Help > Sign In. If the problem persists even after signing out and in, wait a minute before relaunching Character Animator. For help, see http://www.adobe.com/go/ch_licensing
This message appears because you are not signed into Creative Cloud, your trial period for evaluating the software has ended, or the signed-in Adobe ID doesn't have an active All Apps plan.
(Earlier Beta and Preview versions that were bundled with After Effects CC sometimes shows an error message mentioning an After Effects license.)
- A notification appears, saying “Must be licensed in n days” or “Must be licensed by tomorrow”.
This scenario usually appears because you are signed in with an Adobe ID not associated with a Creative Cloud plan. It could also appear because your evaluation period for the software is about to end. It could also be because you are using Creative Cloud for teams or Creative Cloud for enterprise, but have not signed in with an application like After Effects, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
Try one or more of the following:
- Make sure that you are signed into Creative Cloud using an Adobe ID associated with an active All Apps plan. (For earlier Beta and Preview versions, make sure that you have an All Apps plan for Creative Cloud or Single App plan for After Effects CC.)
- Sign out of the Creative Cloud application, sign back in, then wait a minute before relaunching Character Animator.
- You can use Creative Cloud for teams or Creative Cloud for enterprise as your IT administrator to also provide the latest version of After Effects, Photoshop, or Illustrator. Then, sign out from one of those applications, relaunch it (and sign back in), then relaunch Character Animator.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, contact Customer Service.