Files supported for export with Media Encoder
- Adobe Media Encoder User Guide
- Encoding quick start and basics
- Overview of Adobe Media Encoder
- Using the Preset Browser
- Soure Settings
- File formats supported for import with Media Encoder
- Export media from Team Projects using Media Encoder
- Working with log files
- Files supported for export with Media Encoder
- Default keyboard shortcuts
- About video and audio encoding and compression
- Compression tips
- Set preferences
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Encoding and exporting
- Create custom presets for Media Encoder
- Sync settings in Media Encoder
- Using the GoPro CineForm codec in After Effects
- IRT compliance
- Export settings reference for Media Encoder
- Encode and export video and audio with Media Encoder
- Managing the media cache database
- Publish settings in Adobe Media Encoder
Find out which file formats can be exported from Adobe Media Encoder, including formats for video, animation, and audio.
To export a file using Adobe Media Encoder, select a format in the Export Settings dialog box for the output. The selected format determines the preset options that are available. Select the format best suited for your desired output.
Adobe Media Encoder is used both as a stand-alone application and as a component of Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Prelude, Audition, and Animate. The formats that Adobe Media Encoder can export depend on which of these applications are installed.
Some filename extensions—such as MOV, AVI, and MXF —denote container file formats rather than denoting a specific audio, video, or image data format. Container files can contain data encoded using various compression and encoding schemes. Adobe Media Encoder can encode video and audio data for these container files, depending on which codecs (specifically, encoders) are installed. Many codecs must be installed into the operating system and work as a component inside the QuickTime or Video for Windows formats.
Depending on other software applications that you have installed, the following options are available.
As of September 15 2017, Adobe Creative Cloud apps now rely on your operating system (OS) to decode/encode Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats. Adobe no longer bundles the native libraries from Dolby with Creative Cloud products.
For information about how this change affects Dolby audio playback in your product, see Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby.
||Video Codec Options
|Apple ProRes MXF OP1a
|AVI (Windows only)
|AVI (uncompressed) (Windows only)
|DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a
|JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a
|Windows Media (Windows only)
MXF is a container format. Adobe Media Encoder can encode and export movies in the Op-Atom variety of MXF containers using the DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, and DVCPRO100, and AVC-Intra codecs. Premiere Pro can export MXF files containing the MPEG-2 essence items that comply with the XDCAM HD format used by such systems as Avid Unity. The stand-alone Adobe Media Encoder can also export files in this format.
Still image and still-image sequence formats that support match source
- Animated GIF
- Bitmap (BMP; Windows only)
- GIF (Windows only)
- Targa (TGA)
- TIFF (TIF)
To export a movie as a sequence of still-image files, select Export As Sequence on the Video tab when a still-image format is selected.
- Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), Version 1, and Version 2
- Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF)
- mp3 format
- Waveform Audio (WAV)
Support for web distribution
- Facebook 720HD
- Twitter 720P
- Vimeo 480p SD, 480p SD Wide, 720p HD, 1080p HD
- Web Video DG Fast Channel 480/512 MPEG-2
- YouTube 480p SD, 480p SD Wide, 720p HD, 1080p HD, 2160p 4K
Codecs support for Adobe Media Encoder installed with other products
- With Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Prelude: All codecs are supported. However, HEVC is not supported during the trial period in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Prelude.
- With all other products: All codecs are supported except
- AS-11 SD
- MPEG-2 DVD
- MPEG-2 Blu-ray
- MXF OP1a
- AS-11 SD
Aanmelden bij je account
Snelle koppelingenAl je lidmaatschappen weergeven Je lidmaatschappen beheren