VIP Select is achieved when your organization meets the applicable license threshold within a single agreement term, either through a single transaction, or a look-back right before your renewal period.
Once you achieve VIP Select membership status, you gain access to additional benefits, to thank you for your loyalty and commitment:
- Discounts on all purchases during VIP Select-qualified term
- Option to accept 3-year commit*
3-year commit is not available to members with a pay-upfront extended term.
VIP Select is achieved in one of two ways. The VIP Select level is retained until the next look-back period, when the license quantity is again assessed and VIP Select level adjusted appropriately:
Single transaction: When your VIP has less than 10 licenses, and you place a single transaction for 10+ licenses, you will automatically achieve VIP Select status. If you have already achieved VIP Select status, you may move to the next discount level through a single transaction that qualifies for the higher level.
Look-back: You automatically achieve VIP Select status at your look-back date (31 days before your anniversary date) if you have accumulated the minimum number of licenses through smaller purchases, instead of a single transaction. If you have already achieved VIP Select status, you may move to the next discount level at look-back if your license quantity increases above the next threshold.
3-year commit, available for VIP Select members in all market segments, offers:
- Annual payments
- Pricing commitment from Adobe: This includes the discount level, which cannot be changed during your 3-year commit term, and applies to the standard pricing of all products available on a price list at the time of acceptance -even those products which you may not have purchased. Your Account Manager (Adobe Authorized Reseller or Account Manager) sets the actual price. With 3-year commit, Adobe commits a set price to its direct channel partner, if the purchase is through a Reseller.
- Flexible licensing: When you accept 3-year commit, you commit to maintain the quantity of licenses which you have at signing through the 3-year commit term. License quantity may be increased incrementally, but you’re only required to maintain the minimum committed quantity. For examples, see this 3-year commit document.
- Increased discounts on all purchases for Commercial and Government customers
You will be offered 3-year commit once your organization has achieved VIP Select status. The primary customer admin (assigned at enrollment) may accept 3-year commit at any time during their VIP Select-qualified term, and there are two ways to do this.
If you plan to accept 3-year commit during your renewal period, certain things must be taken into consideration. First, if you have placed only a partial renewal, you must wait for the renewal period to close before accepting 3-year commit. Otherwise, you will be committing to your full quantity of licenses from the previous term, and not the subset of licenses that were renewed.
Secondly, accepting 3-year commit during a renewal period does not count as the first renewal. You will still be obligated to continue your 3-year commitment through 2 additional renewals, and up to the beginning of the 3rd renewal period.
Promotional pricing is available only for an initial qualifying purchase. Under 3-year commit, promotional licenses revert to standard license pricing at renewal, as only standard pricing is provided to the Reseller for additional license purchases and renewals.
If your organization qualified for a multi-year promotional offer, and has any licenses up for renewal while under 3-year commit, you can renew those licenses purchased under promotion using promotional pricing, until the promotion offer for those licenses expires. When a promotion offer expires, those licenses are renewed under 3-year commit using the standard price set at the time of acceptance.
If the minimum license commitment is not renewed by the Anniversary Date each year during the 3-year commit term, you and your Account Manager will receive notifications that the committed quantity must be renewed before the end of the renewal period. If the committed license quantity is not renewed by 30 days after the Anniversary Date, all active licenses purchased with a 3-year commit discount will be returned, and the VIP membership status will return to Level 1. All discounts through 3-year commit will be terminated. If you still require Adobe licenses, you would be required to repurchase with current prices and transactional discounts, and then redeploy licenses to users.