There are many different portable readers that can be used with Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 and later. For the latest information on these portable readers, see the Supported eBook Devices page.
Owners of these devices can use Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 and later to transfer Adobe DRM-protected content to and from the Sony Reader on Windows. Windows and Mac OS users can both use Sony's latest eBook Library software to transfer Adobe DRM-protected content to and from the Sony Reader. See Sony's site for more information.
Note: On Mac OS, the new eBook Library software does not add support for these devices to Digital Editions itself. However, it's necessary to install Digital Editions and authorize it to an Adobe ID.
Contact Sony Support for the following issues:
- problems with a firmware update
- issues reading the ebook on the reader
- problems transferring your ebook to the portable reader with Sony's software
- any other aspect of the hardware itself
For the following issues, open a Digital Editions 1.x Technical Support web case using the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions:
- issues with the content inside Adobe Digital Editions
- issues transferring ebooks from Digital Editions to the Sony Reader
- issues with the Sony Reader bookshelf inside Digital Editions