This document contains known issues and troubleshooting tips not covered in Adobe eLearning Suite documentation.
- Multi-SCO packager doesn't work correctly if both Adobe eLearning Suite 2.0 and 6 are installed on a machine and you uninstall one of them. It's necessary to reinstall (repair) the other version for Multi-SCO packager to work correctly.
- It's necessary to install Adobe eLearning Suite with the Admin rights to install Course Builder successfully. Course Builder gets installed automatically when you launch Adobe Dreamweaver for the first time. However, before using a Course Builder interaction, it's necessary to restart Adobe Dreamweaver.
- If Adobe Captivate is open when you click Record Application With Adobe Captivate in Flash, the recording options don't appear. Instead, the previously opened project or window in Adobe Captivate appears.
Workaround: Ensure that all instances of Adobe Captivate are closed before clicking Record Application With Adobe Captivate in Flash.
- Changes to PSD files in Photoshop aren't reflected in Adobe Captivate projects if the installers used for these two products are different. For example, the issue occurs when you use 32-bit Captivate and 64-bit Photoshop.
Workaround: Round-tripping between Photoshop and Captivate works as designed between similar installers only. For example, if you have installed Adobe Captivate 32-bit version, perform round-tripping with Photoshop 32-bit version only.
- Adobe Captivate displays an error if you import PSD files from a folder that contains localized characters in its name.
- Partial selection/deselection of text while editing course and module names in Multi-SCO Packager doesn't always work as expected.
- The score and status of Learning Interaction SWF files are reported as 100% and Complete/Passed even though users do not attempt or pass the quiz. This issue occurs in courses that are packaged using Simple Remediation or Pre-test Or Post-test Rollup Multi-SCO packager templates.
Courses packaged using Multi-SCO packager with Multiple SCOs template and SCORM 1.2 settings don't resume from where users stopped previously.
- For courses packaged using Simple Remediation or Pre-test Or Post-test Rollup Multi-SCO packager templates:
- The scores in the content files (quizzes if any) are also reported to Net Dimension. So, the score displayed in Net Dimension is the average score of content files, pre-test, and post-test.
- In the TOC, the Net Dimension user interface does not clearly indicate if the post-test is enabled or not.
- Success criteria of the content SCOs, instead of completion criteria, are considered for enabling the post-test.
- In courses packaged using the Pre-test Or Post-test Rollup templates in Multi-SCO packager, post-test gets enabled even if users pass the pre-test.
- For courses packaged using Pre-test Or Post-test Rollup templates in Multi-SCO packager:
- F4V videos in the SCOs do not work when launched from Sum Total LMS.
- Users cannot retake the course if they quit the course without completing it.
- The Sum Total user interface does not clearly indicate if the post-test is enabled or not. This issue occurs in the TOC of courses packaged using Simple Remediation or Pre-test Or Post-test Rollup Multi-SCO packager templates.
For courses packaged with Pre-test Or Post-test Rollup Multi-SCO packager templates:
- The course window gets closed when users complete viewing the content SCOs if ‘Force Module Sequence’ option is enabled in the course.
- Overall status is not reported — only individual score and status are reported.