- What is Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app?
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app makes it easy to view and work with PDF files from anywhere on your Android and iOS devices (including iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch). It also lets you unlock premium features within the app to do more with PDFs when you purchase a subscription to Adobe Export PDF, Adobe PDF Pack, Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, or Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Acrobat Reader for mobile also works with Adobe Document Cloud for enterprise plans.
- Is the Acrobat Reader mobile app free?
- How does the Acrobat Reader mobile app work with Adobe Document Cloud?
The Acrobat Reader mobile app works with Adobe Document Cloud services to help you stay connected – and stay productive – wherever you are.
Sign up for free Adobe Document Cloud services to:
- Store and access files in Adobe Document Cloud with 5 GB of free storage.
- Get instant access to recent files across desktop, web, and mobile devices.
- Sync your Fill & Sign autofill collection across desktop, web, and iOS devices.
Purchase a subscription to Acrobat Pro DC to:
- Convert documents and images to PDF.
- Turn PDFs into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files.
- Use your mobile device camera to take a picture of a paper document and convert it to PDF.
- Edit PDFs from your iPad
- Organize pages from your iOS or Android device.
- Do I need to purchase Acrobat desktop software to use the Acrobat Reader mobile app?
No. Acrobat Reader is a free, standalone app. You can use it to open, view, annotate, search, sign, send, and print PDF files.
If you purchase a subscription to Acrobat Pro DC, you can create, export, and organize pages in a PDF on an iOS or Android device. You can also edit PDFs from your iPad and organize pages from your iOS or Android devices.
- What is the Adobe Sign mobile app, and how does it relate to Acrobat Reader for mobile?
Adobe Sign (formerly the Adobe EchoSign mobile app) is a free, standalone app that works as a mobile companion when you purchase Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Sign. The app lets you conduct complete business transactions on the go. With it, you can send, sign, track, and manage signed documents from your iOS or Android devices. It’s also the ideal tool for collecting e-signatures in person from a client or customer. The app works independent of the Acrobat Reader mobile app. To download the Adobe Sign mobile app, visit Google Play or the iTunes App Store.
- What is the Adobe Fill & Sign mobile app, and how does it work with Acrobat Reader for mobile?
Adobe Fill & Sign is a free mobile app that can be used all by itself, or with Acrobat Reader. While Reader lets you work with fillable PDF forms and draw a signature with your finger, Fill & Sign gives you an easy way to work with paper forms or PDFs that haven’t been optimized for form filling. With Fill & Sign on an iOS or Android device, you can:
- Open a PDF file, take a photo, or pick an image from your mobile device
- Type answers right onto the form, or accept autofill suggestions
- Sign your form by typing or drawing your signature, or using an image
- Edit your personal autofill collection so you don’t have to retype frequently used information each time you complete a new form.
And, because Fill & Sign is also included with free Acrobat Reader DC desktop software – as well as paid subscription plans – you can get a consistent experience and take your personal autofill data with you across mobile, desktop, and browser apps. To download the Fill & Sign app, visit Google Play or the iTunes App Store.
- Why should I upgrade to the latest version of the Acrobat Reader mobile app for Android or iOS?
The Acrobat Reader mobile app introduces a modern, intuitive user experience, making it easier than ever to focus on the task at hand. Use it to sign PDF files, fill out forms, add comments to documents, or send files to others with ease. With a paid subscription to Acrobat Pro DC, you’ll unlock even more PDF tools that let you do your work across desktop, mobile, and web – and enjoy a consistent user experience across them all.
- How does the Acrobat Reader mobile app differ from prior versions?
Acrobat Reader for mobile is the next generation of the Adobe Reader mobile app, and it turns your mobile device into a serious business tool. Just like Reader on the desktop, Acrobat Reader for mobile is free, and continues to offer the industry’s most reliable mobile experience for viewing and interacting with PDFs. And now, with the addition of Adobe Document Cloud and subscription services, you can take your files and PDF tools with you, and stay productive wherever you go.
- Do Adobe’s mobile apps support enterprise mobility management (EMM)?
Yes. Adobe is committed to helping enterprise customers meet demand for mobile business productivity solutions while safeguarding enterprise security and compliance. The Acrobat Reader and Adobe Sign mobile apps both support the Android for Work EMM platform, and Adobe Acrobat Reader for Microsoft Intune is available for iOS and Android.
- How do I download the free Acrobat Reader mobile app?
- How do I download the free Adobe Sign mobile app?
- How do I download the free Adobe Fill & Sign mobile app?
- Can I distribute the Acrobat Reader mobile app across my enterprise?
Yes. You can easily apply for a license to distribute the app in volume.
- Can I use the Acrobat Reader mobile app to comment on PDFs viewed on my tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You can make comments by adding sticky notes or by using the highlight, strikethrough, and underline annotation tools. You can also use the freehand drawing tool to mark up content. When you’re done, email the annotated file right from your mobile device.
- Can I create PDF files with the Acrobat Reader mobile app?
Yes. With a paid subscription, you can convert Microsoft Office and image files to PDF with the mobile app.
- Can I export PDF files as editable Office documents with the Acrobat Reader mobile app?
Yes. With a paid subscription, you can convert PDF files to editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files with the mobile app.
- Can I save forms once I have filled them out using the Acrobat Reader mobile app?
Yes. You can fill out, save, and send fillable PDF forms on your Android or iOS device. You can also sign PDF forms with your finger using the Ink Signature tool.
If you work with paper or PDF forms that haven’t been optimized for form filling, consider downloading the Adobe Fill & Sign mobile app as well. This app lets you open a PDF or photo of a form, then fill it fast using reusable text from your personal autofill collection – like your name, address, or phone number. You can use the Fill & Sign app by itself, or when you’re working in Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile.
- Is it possible to electronically sign documents using the Acrobat Reader mobile app?
Yes. You can use the Ink Signature tool to sign a PDF file simply by using your finger.
If you sign documents frequently or fill out a lot of forms, consider downloading the Adobe Fill & Sign mobile app. This app lets you fill, sign, and send forms faster with reusable text from your personal autofill collection. You can also sign forms by typing or drawing your signature, or using an image. You can use the Fill & Sign app all by itself, or when you’re working in the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app.
If you collect signatures from others as a part of your business processes, consider subscribing to Acrobat Pro DC and downloading the Adobe Sign mobile app. With it, you can request signatures from others, track the entire process, and manage signed documents from your computer, a browser, or your mobile device - while meeting enterprise-level security and compliance requirements.
- Can I open password-protected and encrypted files with the Acrobat Reader mobile app?
Yes. The Acrobat Reader mobile app lets you view password-protected and encrypted PDF files with support for the highest grade of PDF encryption up to AES-256.