- What is Adobe Acrobat DC mobile app?
The free Adobe Acrobat DC mobile app makes it easy to view and work with PDF files from anywhere on your Android and iOS devices (including iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch). It also lets you unlock premium features within the app to do more with PDFs when you purchase a subscription to Adobe Export PDF, Adobe PDF Pack, Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, or Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Acrobat DC for mobile also works with Adobe Document Cloud for enterprise plans.
- Is the Acrobat DC mobile app free?
- What does the “DC” stand for in the Acrobat DC mobile app?
The Acrobat DC mobile app works with Adobe Document Cloud services to help you stay connected – and stay productive – wherever you are.
Sign up for free Adobe Document Cloud services to:
- Get instant access to recent files in Acrobat Reader, Standard, or Pro desktop software using Mobile Link.
- Store and access files in Adobe Document Cloud or Adobe Creative Cloud.
Purchase a subscription to Acrobat Pro DC to:
- Convert documents and images to PDF.
- Turn PDFs into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files.
- Use your mobile device camera to take a picture of a paper document and convert it to PDF.
- Edit PDFs from your iPad
- Organize pages from your iOS or Android device.
- Do I need to purchase Acrobat desktop software to use the Acrobat DC mobile app?
No. Acrobat DC is a free, standalone app. You can use it to open, view, annotate, search, sign, send, and print PDF files.
If you purchase a subscription to Acrobat Pro DC, you can create, export and organize pages in a PDF on an iOS or Android device. You can also edit and organize pages from your iPad.
- What is the Adobe Fill & Sign DC mobile app, and how does it work with Acrobat DC for mobile?
Adobe Fill & Sign DC is a free mobile app that can be used all by itself, or with Acrobat DC. While Acrobat lets you work with fillable PDF forms and draw a signature with your finger, Fill & Sign gives you an easy way to work with paper forms or PDFs that haven’t been optimized for form filling. With Fill & Sign on an iPad or Android tablet device, you can:
- Open a PDF file, take a photo, or pick an image from your mobile device
- Type answers right onto the form, or accept autofill suggestions
- Sign your form by typing or drawing your signature, or using an image
- Edit your personal autofill collection so you don’t have to retype frequently-used information each time you complete a new form.
And, because Fill & Sign is also included with free Acrobat Reader DC desktop software – as well as paid subscription plans – you can get a consistent experience and take your personal autofill data with you across mobile, desktop, and browser apps. To download the Fill & Sign app, visit Google Play or the iTunes App Store.
- What is the Adobe eSign Manager DC mobile app, and how does it relate to Acrobat DC for mobile?
Adobe eSign Manager DC (formerly the Adobe EchoSign mobile app) is a free, standalone app that works as a mobile companion when you purchase Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Send for Signature, or Adobe Document Cloud for enterprise eSign services. eSign Manager lets you conduct complete business transactions on the go. With it, you can send, sign, track, and manage signed documents from your iOS or Android device. It’s also the ideal tool for collecting e-signatures in person from a client or customer. eSign Manager works independent of the Acrobat DC mobile app. To download the eSign Manager app, visit Google Play or the iTunes App Store.
- Why should I upgrade to the latest version of the Acrobat DC mobile app for Android or iOS?
The Acrobat DC mobile app introduces a modern, intuitive user experience, making it easier than ever to focus on the task at hand. Use it to sign PDF files, fill out forms, add comments to documents, or send files to others with ease. With a paid subscription to Acrobat Pro DC, you’ll unlock even more PDF tools that let you do your work across desktop, mobile, and web – and enjoy a consistent user experience across them all.
- Is the Acrobat DC mobile app the same thing as the Adobe Reader mobile app?
Acrobat DC for mobile is the next generation of the Adobe Reader mobile app, and it turns your mobile device into a serious business tool. Just like Reader, Acrobat DC for mobile is free, and continues to offer the industry’s most reliable mobile experience for viewing and interacting with PDFs. And now, with the addition of Adobe Document Cloud and subscription services, you can take your files and PDF tools with you, and stay productive wherever you go.
- How do I download the free Acrobat DC mobile app?
- How do I download the free Adobe Fill & Sign DC mobile app?
- How do I download the free Adobe eSign Manager DC mobile app?
- Can I distribute the Acrobat DC mobile app across my enterprise?
Yes. You can easily apply for a license to distribute the app in volume.
- How do I use Mobile Link to view recent files with the Acrobat DC mobile app?
To take advantage of Mobile Link, sign up for an Adobe Document Cloud account (if you don’t have one already), and then enable Mobile Link in Acrobat DC on either your computer or mobile device. After you’ve opened a file on one device, you’ll see it in the recent files list on your second device. Learn more about Mobile Link.
- Can I use the Acrobat DC mobile app to comment on PDFs viewed on my tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You can make comments by adding sticky notes or by using the highlight, strikethrough, and underline annotation tools. You can also use the freehand drawing tool to mark up content. When you’re done, email the annotated file right from your mobile device.
- Can I create PDF files with the Acrobat DC mobile app?
Yes. With a paid subscription, you can convert Microsoft Office and image files to PDF with the mobile app.
- Can I export PDF files as editable Office documents with the Acrobat DC mobile app?
Yes. With a paid subscription, you can convert PDF files to editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files with the mobile app.
- Can I save forms once I have filled them out using the Acrobat DC mobile app?
Yes. You can fill out, save, and send fillable PDF forms on your Android or iOS device. You can also sign PDF forms with your finger using the Ink Signature tool.
If you work with paper or PDF forms that haven’t been optimized for form filling, consider downloading the Adobe Fill & Sign DC mobile app as well. This app lets you open a PDF or photo of a form, then fill it fast using reusable text from your personal autofill collection – like your name, address, or phone number. You can use the Fill & Sign app by itself, or when you’re working in Adobe Acrobat DC for mobile.
- Is it possible to electronically sign documents using the Acrobat DC mobile app?
Yes. You can use the Ink Signature tool to sign a PDF file simply by using your finger.
If you sign documents frequently or fill out a lot of forms, consider downloading the Adobe Fill & Sign DC mobile app. This app lets you fill, sign, and send forms faster with reusable text from your personal autofill collection. You can also sign forms by typing or drawing your signature, or using an image. You can use the Fill & Sign app all by itself, or when you’re working in the Adobe Acrobat DC mobile app.
If you collect signatures from others as a part of your business processes, consider subscribing to Acrobat Pro DC and then downloading the Adobe eSign Manager DC mobile app. With it, you can request signatures from others, track the entire process, and manage signed documents from your computer, a browser, or your mobile device - while meeting enterprise-level security and compliance requirements.
- Can I open password-protected and encrypted files with the Acrobat DC mobile app?
Yes. The Acrobat DC mobile app lets you view password-protected and encrypted PDF files with support for the highest grade of PDF encryption up to AES-256.