Convert from Acrobat Trial to Acrobat 2017
This article explains the steps to follow if you have purchased a perpetual retail license (a serial number) for Acrobat. Retail serial numbers cannot be used on Acrobat Trial software. Download and install Acrobat 2017 software. Follow the steps below:
1. Download the Acrobat 2017 installer
Download the Acrobat 2017 installer from the locations below.
2. Uninstall the installed Acrobat trial
Go to Control panel under the Start menu.
Click Programs or Programs and Features.
Select Acrobat from the list and then click Uninstall.
Go to the Applications folder.
Open the Adobe Acrobat application folder.
Run the Acrobat Uninstaller.
3. Install the downloaded Acrobat 2017
3.1 Installation on Windows
Windows installers are self-extracting exe files. Run the downloaded .exe file to extract the installer files to an Adobe Acrobat folder on your desktop. To install Acrobat on Windows, do the following:
- Open the Adobe Acrobat folder you extracted from the downloaded .exe file and run Setup.exe to start the installation. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your serial number.
- After installation is complete, launch Acrobat and sign in with your Adobe ID.
3.2 Installation on macOS
To install Acrobat on macOS, install the downloaded installer package. The macOS installers are .pkg type installers that provide the necessary user interface prompts to run.
After installation is complete, launch Acrobat and sign in with your Adobe ID.