The Adobe Lightrooom Downloader app helps you download all your synced Lightroom photos to a destination on your computer's hard-drive.
- The app downloads all your Lightroom photos and videos from the cloud as original files and writes them into a date-based folder hierarchy at the hard-drive location that you specify.
- The edits made to the raw images are written into the XMP sidecar files that accompany the downloaded raw files.
- For the photos originally uploaded from the Lightroom Classic CC desktop app that only have a Smart Preview synced to the cloud, the app downloads DNG Smart Previews only for such photos.
Download and install the app.
Go to the link https://lightroom.adobe.com/lightroom-downloader.
In the Lightroom Downloader web page that opens in your browser, choose your operating system to begin downloading the setup file.
If you're using a Windows machine, do the following to install the app:
- After downloading the LightroomDownloader.zip file, extract the contents using the default operating system utility or a third-party software such as WinZip or PKZIP.
- Double-click the Set-up.exe file to launch the setup.
If you're using a Mac machine, double-click the LightroomDownloader.dmg file to mount/install it.
After you've chosen a download destination that has enough free space, click Start Download.
Wait for completion.
The app now begins downloading your photos.
The blue bar indicates the Overall Progress percentage. The Currently Downloading section displays the name and extension of the image files and its download progress.
At the bottom of the screen, you also have the option to pause and resume the download activity.