Help with redemption codes
Learn how to use the redemption code received from Baozun to activate your Adobe Creative Cloud membership in China.
What is a redemption code?
If you purchased your Adobe product from a retailer or an Adobe reseller (or received it as a gift card), you may have received a redemption code or product code. Redeem this code before you can start using your product.
A redemption code is a combination of 24 alphanumeric digits, for example J72D-I83E-N87F-213E-B980-K915.
Where do I find my redemption code?
Your 24-digit redemption code can be found in the email sent to you by our partner Baozun (tel: 400-6806-121) once the payment is processed. To redeem, click the link in the email and follow the instructions here: How do I redeem the code?
How do I redeem the code?
To redeem a code for your subscription, do the following:
Sign in or create an Adobe ID.
Enter the redemption code, and then click Activate Membership.
Accept the Terms and conditions.
Download and install the software.
I have an active subscription. How do I use a redemption code?
If you already have an active subscription associated with an Adobe ID, you can still use a redemption code.
Depending on whether you redeem with the same or a different Adobe ID, your redemption code is adjusted in different ways.
Choose the option below that applies to you:
If you already have the same plan or product, and redeem with the same Adobe ID:
- If your payment plan is Annual plan, prepaid, the redemption code term is added to the end of the paid subscription term.
If you redeem a different plan with the same Adobe ID:
- Your subscription runs parallel to your existing paid subscription. For example, consider a scenario where you have an existing subscription to the Creative Cloud Photography plan. However, you have a redemption code for a new Creative Cloud All Apps plan. In this case, if you redeem the redemption code, your subscription to the new Creative Cloud All Apps runs concurrently with the existing Creative Cloud Photography plan.
If you redeem a redemption code with a different Adobe ID for the same or different plan or product, your subscription runs parallel to your existing paid subscription.
You can purchase your subscription from any reseller that distributes Adobe products through redemption codes. In this case, your redemption works in the same way as the subscription purchased from the Adobe website, except if your payment plan is Annual plan, paid monthly. This plan is not sold through the reseller channel.
If you purchased your existing subscription from the authorized Adobe reseller (not from the Adobe website), and received a redemption code in a country where you can also purchase directly from the Adobe website:
- Your subscription is extended if you have the same product, and redeem with the same Adobe ID.
You cannot purchase an Annual plan, paid monthly subscription plan from a reseller. This plan is not sold through the reseller channel.
If you have an Annual plan, prepaid subscription plan, the redemption code term is added to the end of the paid subscription term.
- Your subscription runs parallel to your existing paid subscription if you redeem a redemption code with the same Adobe ID for a different product.
- Your subscription runs parallel to your existing paid subscription if you redeem a redemption code with a different Adobe ID for the same product or a different product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for quick answers? Here are some common questions and solutions.
Try these solutions:
- Make sure that you typed the code correctly. Redemption codes contain both letters and numbers. It’s easy to confuse some numbers and letters, such as zero and one with the letters "0" and "I."
- Make sure that you're entering the code at the correct redemption site. You could have entered the redemption code for a perpetual product instead of for a subscription, or for a subscription instead of for a perpetual product. Be sure that you enter the code at the redemption site noted on your insert, card, or email. Go to Redeem a redemption code for Subscription retail products.
- Try redeeming the code from a different browser.
- Make sure that the code you are entering is a redemption code and not some other type of code. Other codes—such as a numeric UPC code on your insert, card, or email—are not your redemption code.
- Access your account information. You may have your subscription or product available and registered in your Adobe account. For more information on your Adobe ID account, see Manage your Adobe ID account.
If these solutions do not work, contact Adobe support.
You’re right—you don’t need a serial number. You may, however, need to activate your Creative Cloud membership.
For solutions to this issue, see Troubleshoot when Creative Cloud apps ask for serial number.