When you try to use the Send To Facebook option in the new Lightroom CC app, you receive the error message 'Facebook authentication check failed.'
Lightroom CC 2015/Lightroom 6/Lightroom Classic CC
When you try to perform any task using the Facebook publish service in Lightroom CC 2015/Lightroom 6/Lightroom Classic CC, you receive the error message: 'Facebook authentication check failed.'
Due to recent changes in the way Facebook is working with third-party developers, direct upload of photos and videos from desktop products to Facebook is no longer supported.
From Facebook documentation:
The publish_actions permission will be deprecated. This permission granted apps access to publish posts to Facebook as the logged in user. Apps created from today onwards will not have access to this permission. Apps created before today that have been previously approved to request publish_actions can continue to do so until August 1, 2018. No further apps will be approved to use publish_actions via app review.
This change is effective as of August 01, 2018.
You will no longer be able to upload photos to Facebook from Lightroom desktop apps - Lightroom CC (new), Lightroom Classic CC, and Lightroom CC 2015/Lightroom 6.
Any future API changes introduced by Facebook can impact the publish service again.
Create a copy of your published collections to your personal collections repository.
(Lightroom Classic CC)
To have permanent access to your published Facebook collections, do the following:
- Under Publish Services > Facebook (Library module), click a published collection.
- Select all the photos in that published collection.
- In the Collections panel, click the (+) plus icon at the upper-right corner of the panel and select Create Collection from the menu.
- In the Create Collection dialog, make sure the option Include Selected Photos is checked.
- Specify a name for the collection and click Create.
Your published Facebook photos are now also available in your personal collection.
Make sure that the photos you want to share are synced to the cloud. Then, use Lightroom CC mobile’s sharing feature to share to Facebook. See the following Help resources:
- Lightroom Classic CC: Sync Lightroom Classic CC with Lightroom CC ecosystem
- Lightroom CC for mobile (iOS): Message or mail photos
- Lightroom CC for mobile (Android): Message or mail photos
Export photos to disk as JPEGs, then upload to your Facebook account via Internet browser. See the following Help resources:
- Lightroom Classic CC: Export files to disk
- Lightroom CC: Save photos to a computer, hard drive, or Flash drive