Open Adobe Captivate, and choose Help > Check for Updates. The Adobe Captivate Updater appears.
Adobe Captivate (2019 release) Update 5 Release Notes
Release Notes for Adobe Captivate (2019 release) Update 5
This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe Captivate documentation.
What's new in this update
For Adobe Captivate system requirements, see System Requirements.
Download Captivate from the downloads page.
Update to the latest version
- Windows: Ensure that Captivate 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.1686 or 22.214.171.1246 or 126.96.36.1999 build version is already installed.
- macOS: Ensure that Captivate 188.8.131.523 build version is already installed.
After clicking Update Now, the update starts to install.
When the installation is complete, you can see the Update Complete dialog.
Click Close or to start Adobe Captivate, click Launch.Pastaba:
After installing this update, verify the build numbers:
- Windows: 184.108.40.2063
- macOS: 220.127.116.116
On the toolbar, click Help > About Adobe Captivate.
Issues fixed in this update
- Captivate VR content now plays on Chrome 79 or later. For more information, see this KB document.
- With the Chrome 80 update, tracking xAPI-enabled content may not get reported to an LMS. For more information, see this KB document.
- When adding slide notes, Closed Captions, or Text To Speech to a Captivate project and trying to export as XML, the text do not display as expected in the XML.
- In non-English locales, on Advanced Actions, the action Jump to Bookmark is not translated. Also, the action Jump to Bookmark changes to Continue after saving the action.
- The Asset Panel does not display any asset when Captivate is behind a firewall.
- Unable to add a Vimeo video in Captivate.
- An action that is set to open the URL in a new window does not work as expected in the Captivate Prime App in iOS.
- When inserting scenarios or characters from the Asset Panel, Captivate behaves unexpectedly.
- On slide re-visits, in a Text Entry Box, the text does not retain in responsive projects.
- The branching view does not update the slide order with a mixed flow from slides.
Known issues in this update
- Captivate does not launch Adobe Media Encoder 14.4 automatically. As a work-around, launch Adobe Media Encoder manually, and perform the round-tripping workflows.
- From the Asset Panel, you will not be able to download an image or video from Adobe Stock. This issue also exists in all previous updates of Captivate (2019 release). As a work-around, launch the Adobe Stock website in a browser and then download the image/video from the website. After downloading, insert the asset in your Captivate project.
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
Support Plan Options and Technical Resources
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobe’s support knowledge base , Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling Adobe Captivate, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.