Place the cursor at the appropriate location or select the required text in a topic.
Create and Edit Bookmarks
- RoboHelp User Guide
- Get to know RoboHelp workspace
- What's new in RoboHelp 2022 release
- Fixed Issues in RoboHelp
- RoboHelp System Requirements
- Download RoboHelp on Windows and macOS
- Download and install Adobe app
- RoboHelp FAQs
- What's new in RoboHelp 2020 release
- Collaborate with authors
- PDF Layout
- Editing and formatting
- Format your content
- Create and manage cross-references
- Create and manage links
- Single-source with snippets
- Work with images and multimedia
- Create and use variables for easy updates
- Work with Variable Sets
- Use Find and Replace
- Auto save your content
- Side-by-side editing in Split View
- Use the Spell Check feature
- Create and Edit Bookmarks
- Insert and update fields
- Switch between multiple views
- Autonumbering in CSS
- Import and linking
- TOCs, indexes, glossaries, and citations
- Conditional content
- Review and Collaboration
- Generating output
- Publish output
- Publish to a RoboHelp Server
- Publish to an FTP server, a Secure FTP server, or a File System
- Publish to SharePoint Online
- Publish to Zendesk Help Center
- Publish to Salesforce Knowledge Base
- Publish to ServiceNow Knowledge Base
- Publish to Zoho Knowledge Base
- Publish to Adobe Experience Manager
- Publish to Atlassian Confluence Knowledge Base
- Publish to a RoboHelp Server
Learn how to create and edit bookmarks in RoboHelp
Bookmarks are named locations in a document. Use bookmarks to create incremental links within a topic. You can link to a bookmark from within the topic itself; from any other topic in your project; or from an index entry, TOC entry, or image map. The Bookmark icon appears at the bookmarked location. To view bookmarks in Contents Panel, click the sign next to a topic, and it will show all the bookmarks defined within that topic. They are also useful to mark a position that you want to return to later, especially with long topics.
Insert a bookmark
To insert a bookmark, follow these steps:
In the standard toolbar, click the Insert Bookmark icon. The Bookmark dialog box opens.
In the ID field, type a name for your bookmark, without spaces, using any combination of letters and numbers. You can see the existing bookmarks under Bookmarks in this topic.
After you save the topic, bookmark icons appear nested under the individual topics listed in the Contents panel and at the appropriate location in the topic.
You can also show/hide the bookmark icons in topics with settings in the menu: View > Show > Bookmarks.
You can also drag-and-drop an existing bookmark to a new location in the topic.
Rename a bookmark
You can rename any of the bookmarks that you have inserted in the topic. To do this:
Select and double-click the bookmark that you want to rename. The Bookmark dialog opens, with the bookmarks in that topic listed.
In the ID (New bookmark) field, type a new name for the bookmark.
Click Update. This changes the bookmark name in the topic.
Remove a bookmark
You can permanently remove a bookmark if you no longer need it. To do this:
Right-click the selected bookmark to remove and select Remove Bookmark from the context menu.
Create links to bookmarks
After inserting a bookmark in a topic, you can link to that bookmark within the same topic or from other topics or TOC, etc.
To create a link, put the cursor inside the desired topic, and Insert Hyperlink (link it to hyperlink help link). Then, select a bookmark in Insert Link dialog.