People with disabilities, for example mobility impairments, blindness, and low vision require accessible documents or applications. Accessibility features in Adobe Connect enable people with disabilities to use the Meeting functionality as much as possible without a mouse.
In addition to the accessibility features below, Adobe Connect provides keyboard shortcuts that can help you complete commonly achieved tasks with a keyboard, navigate the pods and menus and select relevant options, and to do basic management of a meeting room. For more information, see keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Connect.
Adobe recommends using the application for desktop for better results with screen readers and other assistive technologies.
You can use a keyboard to navigate to the menus at the top of the Meeting client (Application Bar menus) and execute the menu options.
On Windows, if the audio conference dialog is displayed, Hosts can start the meeting audio by pressing Esc and then Ctrl+Space.
- Ctrl+Space/Command+F2 brings focus to the navigation bar at the top.
Tab/Shift+tab keys allow users to navigate between the buttons in the top navigation.
Ctrl+Space activates the Meeting menu. In Chrome browser on Mac, after joining a meeting, press Tab to activate the meeting menu and then use Ctrl+Space.
The Left and the Right Arrow keys activate adjacent menus on the Application Bar. Use the Left arrow key to access the right-most menu and the Right arrow key to access the left-most menu.
The Down Arrow key activates the current menu. To select an item within the menu, use the Down, Up, Left, and Right Arrow keys.
Enter selects the current menu item.
Escape key closes the current menu.
Note: If audio conference dialog is displayed, pressing Esc and then Ctrl+Space starts the meeting audio for Hosts.
- Bring a pod in the focus, use Ctrl + F6 keyboard shortcut. In Chrome on Mac, press Tab twice and then use Command + F6 to navigate through pods.
Keep pressing Ctrl + F6 for the focus to cycle through the available pods a meeting room. A colored border around a pod indicates that the pod is focused.
Certain pods have a default field that assumes focus. For example:
Focus defaults to the new message field.
- Once a pod is in focus, you can use Tab to navigate inside the pod or press Ctrl + F8 to access the Pod Option menu.
- When you have highlighted a button, press the spacebar to activate it.
- With focus on a tab, pressing the left arrow will move focus to the previous tab in the tab list. Pressing the left arrow when the focus is on the first tab in the tab list will move focus and activate the last tab in the list.
- With focus on a tab, pressing the right arrow will move focus to the next tab in the tab list. Pressing the right arrow when the focus is on the last tab in the tab list will move focus to and activate the first tab in the list.
- The Up row behaves the same as left arrow.
- The Down row behaves the same as right arrow.
- If deletion of tab is allowed, pressing Delete with focus on a tab deletes the tab and the tab panel from the tabbed interface. If additional tabs remain in the tabbed interface, focus shifts to the next tab in the tab list.
On Windows, when the Adobe Connect client starts, the default focus is set to the Message entry area of the visible Chat pod, if one is available. If audio conference dialog is displayed, then the default focus is on the dialog.
The Adobe Connect client may lose focus (for example, if you switch to another application) and later regain the focus. In this case, the Meeting application defaults back to the Message entry area of the visible Chat pod. Alternatively, when the client loses focus, press Tab to highlight the Adobe logo in the top left corner. Now press Tab or Ctrl+F6 to proceed further.
Once the attendee is announced, press Ctrl + F8 to navigate to the Pod Options menu. Use the Arrow keys to navigate the Pod Menu options.
Alternatively, press Ctrl+F8 for the Pod Options menu. All the options available in the menu in the top left corner of the pod, are also available in the Pod Options menu.
After selecting the Poll pod, depending on the type of the poll created, do one of the following:
Press Tab to highlight the first check box and then Arrow keys to move to the other checkboxes on Windows and use Tab on Mac. Press Space to select a highlighted check box. The selection is automatically submitted. To undo a selection, highlight the check box and press Space.
Press Tab to highlight the first radio button, use Arrow keys to highlight the required option, and press Space to submit the selection. To change your submission, highlight a different radio button using the Arrow keys and press Space.
Press Tab to highlight the text field, type your short answer, press Tab to highlight the Send Answer button, and press Space to submit the answer. To update your submitted answer, retype a new answer and submit it. It overwrites your previous submission.
Adobe Connect Administrators can update a few account-wide setting to improve the accessibility of users using the deployment. The administrators can customize the color theme of the login screen, meeting rooms, and of the Adobe Connect Central user interface to better suit the needs of the users.
Also, administrators can change the color of the border to highlight the focused pods.