Assign a license to teams user
- Adobe Enterprise & Teams: Administration guide
- Plan your deployment
- Basic concepts
- Deployment Guides
- Deploy Creative Cloud for education
- Deployment guide
- Enable Adobe Express in Google Classroom
- Integration with Canvas LMS
- Integration with Blackboard Learn
- Configuring SSO for District Portals and LMSs
- Deploy Adobe Express through Google App Licensing
- Add users through Roster Sync
- Kivuto FAQ
- Primary and Secondary institution eligibility guidelines
- Set up your organization
- Identity types | Overview
- Set up identity | Overview
- Set up organization with Enterprise ID
- Setup Azure AD federation and sync
- Set up Google Federation and sync
- Set up organization with Microsoft ADFS
- Set up organization for District Portals and LMS
- Set up organization with other Identity providers
- SSO common questions and troubleshooting
- Manage your organization setup
- Manage products and entitlements
- Manage users
- Administrative roles
- User management techniques
- Change user's identity type
- Manage user groups
- Manage directory users
- Manage developers
- Migrate existing users to the Adobe Admin Console
- Migrate user management to the Adobe Admin Console
- Manage products and product profiles
- Manage products
- Manage product profiles for enterprise users
- Manage automatic assignment rules
- Review product requests
- Manage self-service policies
- Manage app integrations
- Manage product permissions in the Admin Console
- Enable/disable services for a product profile
- Single App | Creative Cloud for enterprise
- Optional services
- Manage Shared Device licenses
- Manage users
- Manage storage and assets
- Asset migration
- Reclaim assets from a user
- Student asset migration | EDU only
- Manage services
- Adobe Stock
- Custom fonts
- Adobe Asset Link
- Adobe Acrobat Sign
- Creative Cloud for enterprise - free membership
- Deploy apps and updates
- Create packages
- Customize packages
- Deploy Packages
- Manage updates
- Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)
- Adobe Remote Update Manager (RUM)
- Create packages using Creative Cloud Packager (CC 2018 or earlier apps)
- About Creative Cloud Packager
- Creative Cloud Packager release notes
- Application packaging
- Create packages using Creative Cloud Packager
- Create named license packages
- Create packages with device licenses
- Create a license package
- Create packages with serial number licenses
- Packager automation
- Package non-Creative Cloud products
- Edit and save configurations
- Set locale at system level
- Manage your account
- Manage your Teams account
- Assign licenses to a Teams user
- Add products and licenses
- Automated expiration stages for ETLA contracts
- Switching contract types within an existing Adobe Admin Console
- Purchase Request compliance
- Value Incentive Plan (VIP) in China
- VIP Select help
- Reports & logs
- Get help
Before you begin
Check license availability. Go to Admin Console > Overview. Under Products and services, and check whether licenses are available for the product. Otherwise, purchase more licenses, or unassign from other users.
For license reassignment, unassign, then reassign. Before reassigning a license to another user, unassign it from the present user. Then, assign the license to the desired user.
Assigning licenses is an important admin task. See the short video to know how to assign a license.
Perform the following steps to assign a license for a specific product to a user.
You can also add multiple users at a time through CSV upload. For more information, see Add users.
By default, administrators can't access Creative Cloud. If an administrator requires access, you must assign a product license.
Applies to Creative Cloud desktop app version 5.7 or later.
Assigning licenses through Creative Cloud desktop app isn't supported if you're the admin of multiple teams or if you purchase any enterprise products with Creative Cloud for teams.
If you're a newly added admin in the team, you may have to wait for up to a week before you can assign licenses through Creative Cloud desktop app.
Remove a license from a user, if they no longer require to use the product or the user leaves your team.
Troubleshooting issues with invitation emails.
In a few cases, your team members can experience a delay in receiving the confirmation email for the licenses you assign. Ask your users to check their spam folders to be sure that they didn't miss the email.
If a user doesn't receive an email within a reasonable time, sign in to the Admin Console, and navigate to Users > Users. Click the user and verify whether the license assignment succeeded.
If license assignment succeeded
If license assignment failed
Assign the license again. The user should receive the invitation email now. If the user still doesn't receive the invitation email, contact Adobe Customer Care.
How do I remove products and license?
To remove products and licenses, you must wait until the renewal period of your subscription. See Cancel teams subscription.