Deploy Acrobat XI | Creative Cloud for teams Single App
This article explains how to deploy Adobe Acrobat if you are using Adobe Creative Cloud for teams Single App. It applies to both Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Standard.
If you have a Creative Cloud All Apps membership, use Creative Cloud Packager for deploying Acrobat. See this page for detailed instructions.
To deploy Acrobat as Creative Cloud for teams Single App, perform the following steps in sequence:
- Download Acrobat 11.0.07 chained installer bits.
- Download the new MST (for Windows)/PKG (for Mac OS) for the new CCT Single App launch experience.
- (Optional) Customize the 11.0 installer bits using Customization wizard (Windows only).
- Install Acrobat 11.0.07 + MST using standard deployment steps on Windows / Mac OS.
Currently, Acrobat Creative Cloud for teams Single App (purchased using VIP) is not supported/certified on streaming virtual environments like Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop. See Deploying Adobe Acrobat Purchased using the Adobe Value Incentive Plan (VIP) in a virtualized environment.
1. Download Acrobat 11.0.07 installer bits
This installer is multilingual; it can install Acrobat in any of the languages Acrobat supports. See the installation section below for more details.
2. Download CCT transform (Windows) / installer (Mac OS)
This MST/DMG file enables a first launch experience that is optimized for Creative Cloud for teams Single App users. Users can simply sign in with their Adobe ID and use Acrobat.
3. (Optional, Windows only) Use the Adobe Customization wizard XI
You can use the Adobe Customization wizard to further customize your Acrobat deployment. For more information, see the Adobe Customization wizard documentation (Windows).
Important: Use the Acrobat Customization wizard to load AcrobatCCTWorkflow.mst and add your customizations in this MST only. A separate MST is known to cause issues. Launch the Customization wizard for Acrobat XI and follow these steps:
- Choose File > Open Package and select Acrobat 11.0 MSI in Acrobat 11.0 installer folder – AcroPro.msi.
- Choose Transform > Load Transform, and select AcrobatCCTWorkflow.mst.
Acrobat is configured to automatically ping Adobe servers to determine if there is a new patch/update available. If you want to change it for your deployment, you can do that using the Customization wizard.
4. Install Acrobat 11.0.07 + MST using standard deployment steps on Windows / Mac OS
4.1 Install Acrobat on Windows
To install Acrobat on windows, do the following:
- Install Acrobat 11.0.07 using chained installer.
- Apply CCT Transform (AcrobatCCTWorkflow.mst for Acrobat Professional or AcrobatStdCCTWorkflow.mst for Acrobat Standard).
4.1.1 Command line mode
Navigate to the Acrobat XI folder in the command prompt and run the following command:
Setup.exe /sl "[LangCode]" /sALL /msi TRANSFORMS=”[TransformPath]”
In the command above:
- [TransformPath] is the absolute path to AcrobatCCTWorkflow.mst (or AcrobatStdCCTWorkflow.mst for Acrobat Standard) transform.
- [LangCode] is the numerical Acrobat Launch language code based on the following data:
1033=English (United States)
1034=Spanish (Traditional Sort)
1025=English with Arabic support
1037=English with Hebrew support
For example, if you pass “1033” in [LangCode], Acrobat launches in English.
4.1.2 Installation through standard deployment methods
You can also follow usual deployment practices for Acrobat as mentioned in Acrobat ETK.
The following example shows Acrobat Deployment through SCCM:
Make sure that following files are copied in Acrobat XI Installer Binaries folder:
- Acrobat CCT Transform – AcrobatCCTWorkflow.mst (or AcrobatStdCCTWorkflow.mst for Acrobat Standard)
Now in the same Acrobat XI installer Binaries folder, open setup.ini and add the following entry in the [Product] category:
See the image below:
Use it to deploy Acrobat using SCCM. Follow the usual processes for creating a package for deployment in SCCM Configuration manager. Give the path of Setup.exe in the Create Program Wizard in SCCM.
4.1.3 Uninstall Acrobat
Once you have deployed Acrobat, you can uninstall it using the usual process for uninstalling msi packages. Here is the command-line syntax for uninstalling the Adobe Acrobat 11.0:
msiexec.exe /x <path to Acrobat msi file> /qn
4.2 Install Acrobat Professional on Mac OS
To install Acrobat on Mac OS, do the following:
- Install the Acrobat 11.0.07 chained installer package.
- Install the CCT Workflow package – AcrobatCCTWorkflow.pkg.
Mac OS installers are .pkg type installers that provide the necessary user interface prompts to run. You can chain the above three installers into one installer (maintaining the order above).
You can use standard deployment practices on Mac OS (such as ARD) to deploy the chained package. More information is available in Acrobat ETK.
You can deploy Acrobat updates using standard deployment practices used in your organization. For more information about updates, see Patch release notes.
Deploy Adobe Acrobat purchased using the Adobe Value Incentive Plan (VIP) in a virtualized environment
Currently, Adobe Acrobat purchased using the Adobe Value Incentive Plan (VIP) is not supported or certified on streaming/session virtual environments like Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop. For Acrobat subscriptions on VIP, you do not get a serial number for licensing. Users authenticate into Acrobat desktop and “activate” Acrobat with their Adobe ID. If you are looking to deploy Acrobat on such environments, purchase an Acrobat plan that provides you with a serial number.
However, you can deploy Adobe Acrobat purchased using VIP on dedicated virtual desktops (also known as VMs). It is similar to deploying on a local machine, and users can sign in with their Adobe ID to access Acrobat.