In the Creative Cloud desktop application, select Update next to After Effects.
Release Notes | After Effects
- After Effects User Guide
- Beta releases
- Getting started
- Projects and compositions
- Importing footage
- Text and Graphics
- Motion Graphics
- Work with Motion Graphics templates in After Effects
- Use expressions to create drop-down lists in Motion Graphics templates
- Work with Essential Properties to create Motion Graphics templates
- Replace images and videos in Motion Graphics templates and Essential Properties
- Animate faster and easier using the Properties panel
- Drawing, Painting, and Paths
- Overview of shape layers, paths, and vector graphics
- Paint tools: Brush, Clone Stamp, and Eraser
- Taper shape strokes
- Shape attributes, paint operations, and path operations for shape layers
- Use Offset Paths shape effect to alter shapes
- Creating shapes
- Create masks
- Remove objects from your videos with the Content-Aware Fill panel
- Roto Brush and Refine Matte
- Layers, Markers, and Camera
- Animation, Keyframes, Motion Tracking, and Keying
- Motion tracking
- Transparency and Compositing
- Adjusting color
- Effects and Animation Presets
- Effects and animation presets overview
- Effect list
- Effect Manager
- Simulation effects
- Stylize effects
- Audio effects
- Distort effects
- Perspective effects
- Channel effects
- Generate effects
- Transition effects
- The Rolling Shutter Repair effect
- Blur and Sharpen effects
- 3D Channel effects
- Utility effects
- Matte effects
- Noise and Grain effects
- Detail-preserving Upscale effect
- Obsolete effects
- Expressions and Automation
- Expression basics
- Understanding the expression language
- Using expression controls
- Editing expressions
- Expression errors
- Using the Expressions editor
- Use expressions to edit and access text properties
- Expression language reference
- Expression examples
- Immersive video, VR, and 3D
- Construct VR environments in After Effects
- Apply immersive video effects
- Compositing tools for VR/360 videos
- Tracking 3D camera movement
- Work in 3D Design Space
- 3D Transform Gizmos
- Do more with 3D animation
- Preview changes to 3D designs real time with the Mercury 3D engine
- Add responsive design to your graphics
- Views and Previews
- Rendering and Exporting
- Basics of rendering and exporting
- H.264 Encoding in After Effects
- Export an After Effects project as an Adobe Premiere Pro project
- Converting movies
- Multi-frame rendering
- Automated rendering and network rendering
- Rendering and exporting still images and still-image sequences
- Using the GoPro CineForm codec in After Effects
- Working with other applications
- Collaboration: Frame.io, and Team Projects
- Memory, storage, performance
- Knowledge Base
Release Notes on the After Effects release, including update process, system requirements, installation, licensing, known issues, and links to online resources and customer support.
The May 2023 (23.4) release includes Properties panel for Text and Shape layers, Effect Manager, Startup and Repair in Preferences, improved file sorting in the Project panel, 3D Gizmo position snapping, revamped Track Matte pick whip icon, support for new formats, Light and Camera Extraction from 3D Models (Beta) and several stability and performance fixes in After Effects.
For more information:
Upgrade to the latest version of After Effects
Upgrading to the latest version of After Effects automatically uninstalls previous versions of After Effects. However, Preferences and settings from previous versions are migrated when updating to the latest version of After Effects.
You can choose to retain older versions of After Effects. To do so, follow the steps below:
For the latest system requirements, visit System requirements.
For a list of the latest system requirements for other Creative Cloud products, see Creative Cloud system requirements.
See the List of known issues in After Effects for a list of known issues in the current release.
See the list of bug fixes in After Effects for the list of bug fixes in the current release.
- Join our user community and find answers to your questions: After Effects forum.
- Learn how to download, install, and get started with your software:
- Get product help, inspiration, and support: After Effects User Guide.
Adobe Customer Care for assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other issues.
After Effects Tutorials for product help plus community-based instruction, inspiration, and support.
Creative Cloud trials are "try and buy", allowing you to evaluate individual products or editions and then convert the installed trial to a full version. You can convert from a trial to a full version at any time by signing up for a subscription. If you purchase a subscription, you are required to be online and to log in with an Adobe ID to start using your full version.
Adobe Product installers install fonts into a default system font directory. If the installer finds older versions of these fonts in the default system font directory, it will uninstall the older versions and save them to a new directory. Learn more here.
To find out how to install additional fonts, visit the installation page.
You must accept the license agreement and warranty terms to use this product. Visit www.adobe.com/go/eulas for details.
Notice to users
Copyright © 1992-2023 Adobe. All rights reserved.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Story, Acrobat, After Effects, Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, Encore, Fireworks, Flash, Flash Builder, Illustrator, InDesign, Speedgrade, Prelude, Photoshop, and Audition are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and Athlon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Intel and Pentium 4 are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. Java is a trademark or registered trademark of Sun Microsystems Inc. in the United States and other countries.