A Sign template is a reusable template of frequently used form fields. You can create a Sign template and use it for sending agreements for signature.
Do one of the following to select a document and create a sign template:
- Drag-and-drop the file onto the highlighted area.
- Click Add Files, and then choose a file from Document Cloud, Creative Cloud, Box, Dropbox, or Google Drive. You can also choose a file from your computer. Click Attach.
- You can also drag and drop files to the Create A Template tool on the Sign page.
The document is now ready for adding fields. The form fields are automatically detected in the PDF. Click the button to place the detected form fields in the PDF document. Alternatively, drag fields from the tabs in the right pane and drop the fields where desired in the document.
Note: If you have added multiple documents, the documents are converted into PDFs and combined into a single file. The combined file is opened for you to add appropriate fields.
- To move a field, move your pointer closer to the field border until you see the drag handle, and then hold and move the field as required.
- To resize a field, use the blue triangular drag handle, and then hold and resize the field as required.
- To delete a field, select the field and hit the Delete key on the keyboard. Alternatively, you can right-click a field and select Delete.
Click Save. You get a confirmation message about the successful sign template creation, and a preview of the created template is displayed.
The created sign template is stored in your Adobe Document Cloud account. The Recent section at the bottom area of the Home page lists all the templates you’ve created recently. Alternatively, to see the list of all your templates, click Documents in the top-menu bar, and then click Templates.
If you want to switch the view from Adobe Acrobat templates view to Adobe Sign view or vice versa, use the preference from within the Adobe Acrobat settings as mentioned below.
Click Documents > All Agreements. The Adobe Sign Manage dashboard is displayed. In the drop-down list, select Show Only Library Templates.
From the dashboard, you can do the following:
A. Send template - Click Send and enter the recipient details. Add a message and click Next.
B. Edit template - Click Edit. Add the template form fields and click Save. You will get a confirmation that you have successfully edited your library template.