Save the document as a local or cloud Illustrator document.
Share documents for review
- Illustrator User Guide
- Get to know Illustrator
- Introduction to Illustrator
- Workspace basics
- Learn faster with the Illustrator Discover panel
- Create documents
- Default keyboard shortcuts
- Customize keyboard shortcuts
- Introduction to artboards
- Manage artboards
- Customize the workspace
- Properties panel
- Set preferences
- Touch Workspace
- Microsoft Surface Dial support in Illustrator
- Undo edits and manage design history
- Rotate view
- Rulers, grids, and guides
- Accessibility in Illustrator
- Safe Mode
- View artwork
- Use the Touch Bar with Illustrator
- Files and templates
- Tools in Illustrator
- Tools at a glance
- Select tools
- Navigate tools
- Paint tools
- Text tools
- Draw tools
- Modify tools
- Quick actions
- Illustrator on the iPad
- Introduction to Illustrator on the iPad
- Select and arrange objects
- Work with images
- Cloud documents
- Add and edit content
- Drawing basics
- Edit paths
- Draw pixel-perfect art
- Draw with the Pen, Curvature, or Pencil tool
- Draw simple lines and shapes
- Draw rectangular and polar grids
- Draw and edit flares
- Image Trace
- Simplify a path
- Symbolism tools and symbol sets
- Adjust path segments
- Design a flower in 5 easy steps
- Create and edit a perspective grid
- Draw and modify objects on a perspective grid
- Use objects as symbols for repeat use
- Draw pixel-aligned paths for web workflows
- 3D objects and materials
- Select and arrange objects
- Reshape objects
- Crop images
- Transform objects
- Combine objects
- Cut, divide, and trim objects
- Puppet Warp
- Scale, shear, and distort objects
- Blend objects
- Reshape using envelopes
- Reshape objects with effects
- Build new shapes with Shaper and Shape Builder tools
- Work with Live Corners
- Enhanced reshape workflows with touch support
- Edit clipping masks
- Live shapes
- Create shapes using the Shape Builder tool
- Global editing
- Add text and work with type objects
- Create bulleted and numbered lists
- Manage text area
- Fonts and typography
- Identify fonts from images and outlined text
- Add basic formatting to text
- Add advanced formatting to text
- Import and export text
- Format paragraphs
- Special characters
- Create type on a path
- Character and paragraph styles
- Find missing fonts (Typekit workflow)
- Arabic and Hebrew type
- Fonts | FAQ and troubleshooting tips
- Create 3D text effect
- Creative typography designs
- Scale and rotate type
- Line and character spacing
- Hyphenation and line breaks
- Spelling and language dictionaries
- Format Asian characters
- Composers for Asian scripts
- Create text designs with blend objects
- Create a text poster using Image Trace
- Create special effects
- Web graphics
- Import, export, and save
- Creative Cloud Libraries in Illustrator
- Prepare for printing
- Automate tasks
Share a version of your document with stakeholders and gather feedback.
In Illustrator, you can share documents in two ways:
- Share for review: Share local or cloud documents for review and push updates when needed.
- Invite to edit: Share cloud documents for editing.
Both these options give you control and flexibility in sharing your documents.
Share for review lets you create a shareable link of your document where stakeholders can provide feedback. Once stakeholders add comments, you automatically see them in the app. You can comment back, resolve comments, and push updates to the same link to continue the review cycle.
Watch this 48-second video to learn how to share your design for review and receive feedback.
In the Share for review dialog, do one of the following:
- Select All to share the entire artwork.
- Select Range to share individual artboards, or a range of artboards.
Set access permission and rename the link if required.
Only invited people can comment
Cannot access the link until invited by email.
Anyone with the link can comment
Public link that everyone can access. Invitation by email is optional.
Everyone at your organization can comment
Anyone with your organization's domain in their email can comment.
Select the Copy icon to copy the review link and share it with your stakeholders.
Select the More options icon to:
- Create new review link: Lets you create additional review links. All the settings changes and in-app comments are added only to the latest review link.
- Link settings: Lets you enable or disable commenting and set passwords on public links.
- Delete review link: Lets you delete the latest review link.
- Manage review links: Lets you see all the review links in the Published tab on the Creative Cloud website. Open a review link to access the shared version and its comments.
Review the document
If you are a stakeholder, you can add comments to the link shared with you on any device. For a public link, you don't need an Adobe ID to add comments.
You can perform the following actions in the Comments panel:
- Add, edit, delete, reply to, and resolve comments.
- View comments from other stakeholders.
- Use @ to mention the document owner or another stakeholder (only if you signed in with your Adobe ID).
- Use a pin or marker to highlight a design element.
- Add emojis in your comments.
- Hide or show annotations (pins and highlights).
- Filter comments by reviewer, timeline, and Resolved status.
- Select Unresolve in the Resolved filter to restore a resolved comment.