Your Adobe Connect phone conferencing number is in the upper-right corner of the meeting window. Your phone conferencing number is also in the welcome email you received when you created your account.
- Where can I find my Adobe Connect phone conferencing number?
- Is there a toll free number I can use for my phone conference?
- My trial account is about to expire. What happens to my phone conferencing number?
- My trial account is about to expire. What happens to my meeting room?
- When does Adobe charge my credit card?
- How do I cancel my account?
While Adobe does provide an 800 number within the account, use of this number by meeting participants results in a billable charge.
The telephone conferencing number that Adobe Connect generated remains the same for as long as you own your meeting room.
Once your trial account expires, you have the option of subscribing on a monthly or annual basis. (See the purchase options on the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/products/connect/.)
For monthly plans, Adobe charges your credit card once a month on the anniversary of your sign-up date. For example, if you signed up on November 5, then subsequent billings occur on December 5, January 5, February 5, and so on.
For annual plans, Adobe charges your credit card once a year on the anniversary of your sign-up date. For example, if you signed up on November 5 2006, then subsequent billings occur on November 5, 2007, November 5, 2008, and so on.