You no longer need the Flash Player installed on your system to create or view portfolios. You can easily create folders within your PDF Portfolio, delete component files and folders, edit component filenames, and add and edit descriptions of component files.
In Windows, the Acrobat PDFMaker in Outlook and Lotus Notes can create PDF Portfolios when you convert e-mail messages.
As you cannot change the order of files in the PDF Portfolio, it is recommended to add the files in a sequential order. Also, if you add a folder, the files in the folder are added in the alphabetical order.
- In the left pane, click Add Files and select Add Files, Add Folder, or Add Web Content.
- To create a folder, click the Create Folder icon in the secondary toolbar.
- To add files from your computer, drag any files or folders into the PDF Portfolio workspace or onto a folder, which is available in the left pane.
For best performance, keep the total number of component files at 15 or less, and the total size of all component files under 50 MB.
- Drag to rearrange files within a folder of the PDF portfolio.
- Drop files to folders, or folder to another folder provided both are at a same level or folder.
You can link to websites or embed video tags. Linking to web content is useful when you want to reduce the file size of the PDF Portfolio.
To link to a website, select Add A Web Link, and then add the URL.
To embed a video tag, select Add An Embed Tag, and then paste the video’s embed code. Video-sharing websites usually include a way to copy a video’s embed code. For example, a website could include an Embed box that shows the code and other embedding options.
You can convert multimedia files like mp3 to PDF within a PDF Portfolio. You can also convert these files to PDF if they are encoded in H.264 (with AAC audio): MOV, M4V, MP4, 3GP, and 3G2. (H.264 and AAC are encoding and compression options for movies.)
If you delete a folder, all of the files within it are deleted from the PDF Portfolio. You can also extract one or more components from the PDF Portfolio and save them separately.
- From an open PDF Portfolio, select one or more files or folders in the PDF Portfolio and press Delete or click the Delete File icon to remove the selected item from the portfolio.
- If you want to extract (or save) an item from your portfolio, click the Extract From Portfolio icon , select a location where you want to save the selected item, and click Save.