This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and information on fixes and improvements in this release that are not covered in the Adobe® Extension Manager CC documentation.
For an overview of the installation requirements and features introduced in Adobe Extension Manager CC (version 7.0), see the previous Release Notes at:
Extension Manager 7.2 is an update to Extension Manager CC, which installs and manages extensions and plug-ins for Adobe Creative Cloud® desktop applications.
Extension developers have created numerous extensions to add new capabilities to Creative Cloud products. Extension Manager makes installing these extensions simple and lets you enable, disable, or remove extensions.
Simply double-click an extension file to launch Extension Manager CC and install the extension in an Adobe CC desktop application. Extension Manager displays the Creative Cloud applications you installed; you can see all of the extensions installed in each product by clicking on the product. Click on any extension to display information from the extension developer such as what the extension does and where to find it.
The Extension Manager 7.2 update provides these new features:
- Supports both CC and CC 2014 products.
- An administrative or root user can now install and remove extensions for other users.
- A new command-line parameter, disableSendRequest, turns off the default behavior of printing installation results to standard output.
- Allows Adobe Exchange to install extensions when a certificate revocation list (CRL) is not available.
Go to the Control Panel, select Uninstall a program > Adobe Extension Manager CC, and click Uninstall.
Go to Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers, double-click Uninstall Adobe Extension Manager CC, and follow the instructions.
These problems are known to occur in this release. Please refer to Adobe Support for late-breaking information and known issues for all Creative Cloud applications.
- Extension Manager CC is not available from Launch Pad in Mac OS 10.8. 
- You cannot install an extension using the command-line tool (ExManCmd) if the file path contains special characters. 
Go to Adobe Exchange at http://www.adobe.com/go/adobeexchange to download extensions to customize Adobe Creative Cloud products.
Developers who want to create extensions for the Creative Cloud products should download the Extension Developer SDK at Extension Developer Guide
Go to the Extension Manager User Forum to submit your questions, or share your experience using Extension Manager.