Adobe Captivate (2019 release) Update 2 Release Notes
Release Notes for Adobe Captivate (2019 release) Update 2
This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe Captivate documentation.
What's new in this update
The following features are new and changed in Captivate (2019 release) Update 2:
- Asset Panel with Quick start projects.
- Interactive videos with Vimeo streaming.
- Image as button.
- Simplified branching workflow.
- Forced navigation.
- Copy-paste appearance.
- VR enhancements.
- Smart font replacement.
- Theme fonts.
- Bug fixes and known issues.
For more information, see What's new.
For Adobe Captivate system requirements, see System Requirements.
Ensure that Captivate 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.1996 build version is already installed.
Open Adobe Captivate, and choose Help > Check for Updates. The Adobe Captivate Updater appears.
After clicking Update Now, the update starts to install.
When the installation is complete, you can see the Update Complete dialog.
Click Close or to start Adobe Captivate, click Launch.הערה:
After installing this update, verify that the build number is 188.8.131.526.
On the toolbar, click Help > About Adobe Captivate.
Issues fixed in this update
Virtual Reality projects
- When copying and pasting objects on a 360° slide, the z-order of the objects change in the timeline.
- The runtime menu option does not show up as expected. The option shows up only on looking down.
- A Result Slide does not get read out in HTML5.
- A Question Slide Feedback keyboard shortcut does not work when JAWS is enabled. You can now specify a keyboard shortcut in Preferences > Quiz > Default Labels.
- Tab order gets reset to the default sequence (Object1->Object2->Object3) when a new interactive object is inserted in a Captivate project.
- When a project is published with the option Scalable HTML enabled, closed captions do not appear when the published content is viewed in Chrome.
- When a responsive project is published, closed captions do not display when you zoom in on the published output multiple times.
Drag and drop interactions
- Renaming objects after creating a Drag and Drop interaction does not work as expected when a project is previewed.
- If there is a hyphen (-) or a space when naming a Drag and Drop interaction, the published project does not load.
- A Drag and Drop interaction does not work correctly if the drag source and drop target are reversed from Property Inspector after creating the interaction.
- You are unable to create a Drag and Drop interaction from the Property Inspector once an interaction is deleted.
- The failure action in a Drag and Drop interaction failure action remains enabled on making the number of attempts as infinite.
- The Hotspot image does not update on the stage you update the image from the library.
- Usage doesn't display the item name if the audio is added as part of Drag and Drop interaction.
- Thumbnail of a renamed video does not get updated.
- The Enable Wrap Point option in the Preferences menu does not work as expected.
- Switching to Master Slide view must navigate to the corresponding Master Slide.
- On the Preferences menu, the option Generate Project Backup must be always enabled by default.
- For projects that have been upgraded, after printing handouts including slide notes, the slide notes do not get printed if you have not visited each slide.
- The display time of a smart shape is not retained when copying the shape to another slide.
- In HTML5, effects do not get applied to lines if they are parallel.
- A thumbnail of a video does not get updated after changing the video.
- Captivate behaves unexpectedly if the imported CSV contains a backward slash.
- For web objects, SVG, and HTML5 animations, the container must resize according to the aspect ratio of the objects.
- Copying and pasting objects within same objects state must not add an offset of 10px.
- Printing handouts from Captivate do not print the default state of a smart shape when multiple states are present.
- The Print button does not work for HTML5 output.
- If there are special characters or a number in the name of a question pool, then the preview or publishing of the project fails.
- Text Entry Box button shortcut doesn't work in HTML5 output.
Known issues in this update
- Vimeo video playback is not supported on Internet Explorer.
- SVGs do not get painted when authoring on stage and in thumbnails. This only occurs when authoring on stage. In runtime, SVGs appear as expected.
- Captivate does not perform as expected on HIDPI Retina i-Mac machines. As a work-around, reduce the display of Captivate to a lower resolution (Right-click the Adobe Captivate app > Get Info > Enable the option Open in Low Resolution). Restart Captivate.
To download Captivate (2019 release) and Captivate (2017 release), go to Captivate downloads.
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
Support Plan Options and Technical Resources
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobe’s support knowledge base , Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling Adobe Captivate, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.