Lightroom CC offers many ways to organize your photos. You can manage your photos as albums or stacks; or organize them using keywords, metadata, flags, and ratings. Finding and filtering photos in Lightroom CC is also easy.
A. Album B. Folder C. My Photos; choose which photos you want to view D. Search bar E. Filter photos F. Keywords G. Info H. Ratings I. Flags J. Views | Photo Grid, Square Grid, and Detail
In the My Photos area in the left pane, you can quickly select what photos you want to view in the grid to the right:
- All Photos
- Recently Added
- By Date (arranged chronologically)
To specify how you want to display photos in the grid, choose one of the views (J in the illustration above) from the bottom of the screen:
- Photo Grid (): Displays photos as thumbnails with no borders or badges
- Square Grid (): Displays photos as equal-sized thumbnails along with their flag status, sync status, and rating
- Detail (): Lets you work with and edit individual photos. Edit controls are active only in this view.
To rename or delete an album, right-click its name in the left pane and then click the appropriate option.
To dissolve a photo stack, right-click the stack and then select Ungroup Stack.
In the Square Grid and Detail views, you can also rate and flag photos directly in the grid area. In the Square Grid, mouse-over the photo to view the rating and flag options.
Find photos using the Search bar. Aside from searching photos by metadata and keywords, Lightroom can also find and display photos based on the objects in them. For example, you can quickly search for all photos that have flowers or cars in them.
Click the icon next to the Search bar to quickly filter photos by:
- Ratings; use the icon to view photos rated higher than a certain star rating. For example, you can view photos rated three stars or higher.
- Flags: Flagged, rejected, or unflagged
- Cameras used to shoot the photos
- Location tags for the photos
- Select a photo in the grid and then click the icon. Lightroom CC displays the Info panel that lists the metadata for the photo and its Sync Status.
- Here are the possible Sync Status badges that you may see:
- Synced and backed up
Lightroom CC may purge original files that haven't been accessed in a while, leaving a smaller smart preview that you can edit.
- Store original locally
If selected, Lightroom CC keeps the original on your machine and will not purge it, even if the space is low; the Synced and backed up badge changes to .
- Syncing changes up to the cloud
Lightroom CC is currently syncing your changes to the cloud.
- Synced from Lightroom Classic
There is no original backed up to the cloud, but a smart preview is available.
- Asset has error
For further information, view the Sync Status area in the Info panel or click this badge icon in the Square Grid view.
- Synced and backed up