For the latest system requirements, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/indesign_systemreqs.
For a list of the latest system requirements for other Creative Cloud products, see http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/tech-specs.html#requirements.
Creative Cloud trials are "try and buy", allowing you to evaluate individual products or editions and then convert the installed trial to a full version. You can convert from a trial to a full version at any time by signing up for a subscription. If you purchase a subscription, make sure that you are online and have logged in with an Adobe ID to start using your full version.
For a list of new features delivered in October 2017 release of InDesign CC, see New features summary.
- Bigger and clearer Fill and Stroke icons in the Swatches panel.
- Clicking three times on a text does not highlight entire line in the text box.
- Bigger Reference Point widget in the control strip.
- Very small transformation values below the cursor on Retina display.
- Name of a form-field having period changes after export.
- Very small table stroke in Control Panel on Retina display.
- Paragraph Shading color changes when you open a document, created in InDesign CC 2015, in InDesign CC 2017.
- Convert URLs to Hyperlinks fails when the URL ends with a sub-directory containing a number.
- Convert URLs to Hyperlinks incorrectly detects text with a period inside letters and numbers.
- Control Panel deletes more characters than highlighted.
- Characters appear in reverse order when you type in the Find what text box of the Find/Change dialog box.
- Information in the Info panel is not complete.
- Opacity slider does not work when Control panel is docked to bottom.
- Publish Online fails when you delete a page which was earlier published.
- Toolbar pop-up menu opens on the wrong side of the second monitor.
- Minimizing InDesign with the shortcut Cmd+ h does not work when no document is open.
- Unable to scroll through the Glyphs panel.
- [Mac only] Image becomes blurry while scaling it.
- Presentation Mode does not work correctly.
- Tab order in the Cmd+N dialog changes to Width > Units > Height.
- Startup script New Document/afterNew does not work.
- Copy/paste/move/duplicate table temporarily hides the header and footer rows.
- [Win only] When you click a Menu, it disappears.
- A new document gets created with incorrect width and height.
- Gutter width changes when you reopen a document saved as idml.
- Dragging objects layers does not work when user has selected the rows to appear smaller in the Layers panel.
- InDesign crashes on clicking Unlock All option in the Layers panel.
- Random crashes while performing actions such as Save, Save As, and Save a Copy.
- Protective shutdown on closing a document when a background process, such as PDF export, is running.
- InDesign crashes on recursive place of documents shared over network in some specific scenarios.
- InDesign crashes on saving a file after deleting it on the network.
- InDesign crashes when a user performs menu action while Character alternate UI is active.
- InDesign crashes on running a script from flyout menu, if another document is already open.
- InDesign crashes while exporting a document to JPEG with some specific settings.
- InDesign crashes on immediate zoom after text selection with Shift key pressed.
- Protective shutdown while performing actions such as Save, Save As, and Save a Copy on documents located on network.
- InDesign crashes on showing tabbed panel in ScriptUI based dialog.
- InDesign crashes when copying table with graphic cell having grouped images/text.
- [macOS] InDesign crashes while opening a quark document in some specific scenarios.
- InDesign does a protective shutdown on recursive place of some specific documents.
- InDesign crashes when placing a doc in another doc and then that doc into a third one, with one modified link.
- InDesign crashes on clicking Cancel during packaging.
- InDesign crashes on overriding cell styles in a table in some specific scenarios.
- InDesign crashes on scrolling or deleting the pages for some specific documents.
- Enhancements in recovery workflow to repair damaged documents thereby preventing random crashes.
For general Adobe community, visit https://community.adobe.com.
To find help on topics related to downloading, installing, and getting started with your software, visit http://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/bd-p/get-started?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all.
For product Help plus community-based instruction, inspiration, and support, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_InDesign_support_en.