As you copy artwork, a "Not enough memory" warning message appears. After you click OK, Illustrator crashes.
To manually restore preferences to default
- Remove or rename the Adobe Illustrator Prefs file. When you restart Illustrator, a new preference file will be created in the original location.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut
- Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.
- Choose system drive as primary.
- Choose Illustrator > Preferences > Plug-ins & Scratch Disk.
- Choose Plug-ins & Scratch Disk as secondary pop up menu.
- Click OK and restart Illustrator.
For Window, ensure that the graphic card drivers are updated.
For MAC, ensure that the the latest version of system OS is installed.