Welcome to AdobeÂ® RoboHelpÂ® 8 Read Me. This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe RoboHelp documentation.
- 1GHz or faster processor
- MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows VistaÂ® with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit editions)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- 850MB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on flash based storage devices)
- 1,024x768 display (1,280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- DVD-ROM drive
For updates to system requirements, visit
Do one of the following:
- Insert the DVD in your drive, and follow the on-screen instructions. If the installer does not launch automatically, navigate to the root folder found at the root level on your disk and double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
- If you downloaded the software from the web, open the folder, navigate to the root folder, double-click Setup.exe, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are installing as an upgrade, the installer will check your system to find the valid upgrade product. If it cannot find it, it will ask you to input the serial number of the product being upgraded. You can also install the software in trial, then input your new and previous serial numbers in the serialization screen shown during launch.
Do one of the following:
- In Windows XP, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Change/Remove, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- In Windows Vista, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Uninstall/Change, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Enter the serial number you received when purchasing the software in the serialization screen when launching the application. You can enter a serial number for the RoboHelp itself or a serial number for Technical Communication Suite. Other applications installed as part of the technical Communication Suite will recognize the new serial number the next time the applications are launched.
Only applications running as a trial will recognize the new serial number. If any of the applications have already been serialized with a different serial number, it will continue to use that serial number until you remove the older serial number using the Help > Deactivate > Erase my serial number. Then on the next launch of the application, it will recognize the new serial number.
The serial number you purchased is for the use of the software in a specific language, and will only be accepted by a product installed in that language.
Volume licensing customers cannot purchase from a trial directly, however a volume licensing serial number can be entered in the trial product. Please contact your reseller or authorized Adobe licensing center to place an order for a volume license. To find a reseller in your area, go to http://partners.adobe.com/resellerfinder/na/reseller.jsp.
This product is offered subject to your acceptance of the license agreement included with the media and to limited warranty terms. See the Adobe Software License Agreement for details. The software may automatically attempt to activate over the Internet. No personally identifiable information will be transmitted, except to the extent that IP addresses may be considered personally identifiable in some jurisdictions. To learn more, visit the Adobe web site at http://www.adobe.com/go/activation.
Note: If you want to install the product on a different computer, you must first deactivate the software on your computer. To deactivate, choose Help > Deactivate.
When you install your software, be sure to register to get up-to-date product information, training, newsletters, and invitations to Adobe events and seminars.
Please refer to Adobe Support for late-breaking information and known issues.
- Error is thrown while trying to import PDF/XML for a project added to Version Control using Team Foundation Server. (#BG1918342)
- On upgrading a legacy project of RoboHelp containing patched Glossary in the project which has been changed locally, the local changes will be lost in the upgraded project (#BG1885781)
- Spaces in the attributes are not automatically stripped off in the xhtml topic files. (#BG1689751)
- HTML help cannot be generated if default patch contains characters of language other than project language (#BG1919499)
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobeâs support knowledgebase, Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling the application, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.
For complete Help, features, training material and support go to www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/.