Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) | Product Description
Last updated: November 12, 2021
|Products and Services||License Metric(s)
|Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition)
||Per 1,000 Businessperson Profiles
|Additional Ad Hoc Query Users
|Additional Profile Richness
What is Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition)?
Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) is a service built on Adobe Experience Platform that enables Customer to stitch data from multiple sources to create and activate real-time Profiles via pre-built destinations that Customer can select through the Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) user interface. Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) includes Bundled Services as set forth below.
Customer’s use of Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) is subject to the following:
- Addressable Audience. Customer may store and process a total number of Profiles of up to five times the number of Businessperson Profiles authorized in the Sales Order.
- Accounts. Customer’s count of Accounts must be equal to or less than the Addressable Audience described above. If and to the extent Customer's count of Accounts is greater than the Addressable Audience, Customer will be obligated to pay for such excess Accounts as if such Accounts were Businessperson Profiles.
The following Scoping Parameters apply to Customer’s Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) production purposes, without Add-ons:
- Average Profile Richness. Customer’s Average Profile Richness is less than or equal to 100 kilobytes per Profile.
The following Performance Guardrails apply to Customer’s Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) production purposes, without Add-ons:
- Sandboxes. Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) includes up to 5 Sandboxes.
- Ad Hoc Queries. Ad Hoc Queries will time out after 10 minutes.
- Adobe Audience Manager Data Flows. For customers ingesting data into Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) from Adobe Audience Manager, Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) only supports first-party data sources flowing from Adobe Audience Manager to the Profile Service to be activated through Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition).
- Audience Activation. Customer may export an average of up to 1,500 kilobytes of Second-generation Data per Profile per year to pre-built destinations available within the Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition).
- Batch Segmentation Completion Time. Batch Segmentation Jobs may take up to 8 hours to complete.
- Batch Segmentation Jobs. Customer may process up to 1 Batch Segmentation Job per day.
- Data Ingested per Year. Customer may ingest up to 3 times the Total Authorized Profile Storage into Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) per year.
- Data Landing Zone. Customer will receive access to one Data Landing Zone per Sandbox. The maximum amount of data Customer may store across all Data Landing Zones is equal to the total data storage provided in connection with all Adobe Experience Platform Products and Services licensed to Customer. Customer may use the Data Landing Zone solely to move Customer Data into and out of Adobe Experience Platform. Data will be automatically deleted from the Data landing Zone after 7 days.
- Destinations. Customer may configure non-Adobe destinations from Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition), although Customer may not export data to Advanced Enterprise Destination Connectors or use Destination SDK to build its own custom destination connectors.
- First-generation Data Activation. Customer may batch export (directly or indirectly) to any non-Adobe solution an average of up to 500 kilobytes of First-generation Data per Profile per year, through the Data Access API or any other means within Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition).
- North American Data Flow. Customer Data associated with Profiles activated through Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) to streaming destinations will flow through North America.
- Preview/Estimate. Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) supports up to 5 concurrent Users of the preview/estimate functionality of the Segmentation Service. Preview/estimate requests may take up to 30 seconds to complete. If more than 5 preview/estimate Users are working concurrently, Customer may experience performance degradation.
- Profile Merge Policies. Customer may use up to 3 concurrent Profile Merge Policies, including any system Profile Merge Policies.
- Sources. Customer may configure non-Adobe sources into Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) (through UI and API), although Customer may not import data from Advanced Enterprise Source Connectors. Business Audience use cases have a subset of approved pre-built data sources.
- Streaming Segmentation. Streaming Segmentation supports up to 1500 inbound events per second. Streaming Segmentation may take up to 5 minutes to qualify a Profile for segment membership.
- Unlicensed Features. Certain aspects of Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) may be accessed through Adobe Experience Platform, but unless separately licensed, Customer is not licensed to and must not access or use the Data Lake, Data Science Workspace, or Query Service components in Adobe Experience Platform, except in conjunction with Bundled Services.
Account means a record of information representing a business as represented in the Profile Service. Accounts are a Shared Feature.
Additional Ad Hoc Query Users means an add-on to increase Customer’s authorized concurrent Query Service Users entitlement from 1 to 5 for the first Additional Ad Hoc Query Users pack purchased, and by 5 additional concurrent Query Service users and 1 additional concurrently running Ad Hoc Query for every subsequent Additional Ad Hoc Query Users pack purchased (e.g., a Customer licensing 1 Additional Ad Hoc Query User pack is entitled to a total of 5 concurrent Query Service Users and 1 concurrently running Ad Hoc Query, while a Customer licensing 2 Additional Ad Hoc Query User packs is entitled to a total of 10 concurrent Query Service Users and 2 concurrently running Ad Hoc Queries).
Additional Profile Richness means an increase in Customer’s authorized Average Profile Richness by 25 kilobytes per Profile for each Additional Profile Richness pack.
Add-on(s) means additional Products and Services that may be licensed by Customer and identified on the Sales Order.
Ad Hoc Query means an ad hoc query generated from the Query Service Editor, PSQL Client, or Data Science Workspace, as applicable.
Adobe Experience Platform means an open and extensible collection of services that allows Customer to create and manage actionable Profiles using various sources across its enterprise to derive insights and drive personalized experiences.
Advanced Enterprise Destination Connectors means AWS Kinesis, Azure EventHub and HTTP API.
Advanced Enterprise Source Connectors means Amazon Redshift, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure EventHub, Azure Synapse Analytics, Google BigQuery, Google PubSub, HTTP Streaming API and Snowflake.
Average Non-production Profile Richness means the sum of all data stored within Non-production Sandboxes at any point in time, divided by the number of authorized Non-production Profiles.
Average Profile Richness means the sum of all production data stored within the Profile stores in Adobe Experience Platform (i.e., Profile Service and Identity Service) at any point in time, divided by five times the number of authorized Businessperson Profiles. Average Profile Richness is a Shared Feature.
Batch Segmentation Job means a call to execute the evaluation of defined segments for all existing Profiles, which may be initiated or pre-scheduled via Adobe Experience Platform APIs, the Adobe Experience Platform UI or any integrated Adobe solution. Batch Segmentation Jobs are a Shared Feature.
Bundled Services means access to the following limited Adobe Experience Platform services:
- Data Lake. Customer may access Customer Data in the Data Lake for up to:
- 7 days solely to facilitate data onboarding into Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition), limited Ad Hoc Queries and First-generation Data activation; and
- 180 days solely to facilitate use cases involving Customer AI Intelligent Service training or scoring.
- Query Service. Customer’s right to use Query Service is limited to running Ad Hoc Queries and supports up to 1 concurrent
- Query Service User and up to 1 concurrently running Ad Hoc Query for the purpose of data ingestion validation.
- Customer AI Intelligent Service.
- Customer AI Intelligent Service is not intended for use with Account or Opportunity information linked to Businessperson Profiles. If so used, Documentation on Customer AI Intelligent Service shall not apply to its performance and function; and
- Customer may generate up to 52 Insights per Profile per year through Customer AI Intelligent Service, subject to the Static Limits associated with Customer AI Intelligent Service.
Businessperson Profile means a Directly Identifiable Profile (a) that includes connection(s) to an Account or an Opportunity, or (b) for which “company” name or field in the standard data model is populated. For each Businessperson Profile, Customer may store and process up to four additional Profiles.
Customer AI Intelligent Service is a Bundled Service that enables Customer to develop personalized consumer experiences for non-Businessperson Profiles by applying pre-built machine learning propensity models which provide advanced predictions on individual consumer behavior along with an understanding of why individual consumers may react in certain ways. Customer may create up to 35 Instances per year. Adobe Professional Services may be required to utilize Customer AI Intelligent Services.
Data Lake means the analytical data store within Adobe Experience Platform. Data Lake is a Shared Feature.
Data Landing Zone means a cloud-based data storage facility for temporary file storage provisioned with Adobe Experience Platform that Customer may use, as an option, to move Customer Data into and out of Adobe Experience Platform. Data Landing Zones are a Shared Feature.
Directly Identifiable Information means information that can be used to directly identify an individual person, including Stable Identifiers.
Directly Identifiable Profile means a Profile that includes Directly Identifiable Information.
Entitlements means usage limits that are strictly monitored and enforced by Adobe. Should Customer exceed an Entitlement, Customer may be obligated to pay overusage fees or to license additional capacity.
First-generation Data means raw data (i.e., data that has not been enriched with insights, correlations, audience creation, etc. via Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition)) directly ingested into Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) from Customer’s data stores or Adobe Experience Cloud solutions.
Identity Graph means observed relationships between 1 or more identities, which are determined to refer to the same individual.
Identity Service means a service in Adobe Experience Platform that creates and manages Identity Graphs. Identity Service is a Shared Feature.
Insight means an individual machine learning prediction or explanation of an outcome. One or more Insight is produced for each Profile processed through an Instance during each Scoring Run of Customer AI Intelligent Service.
Instance means an Intelligent Services machine learning model employed to predict a specified outcome (e.g., variant Customer AI Models might be produced to individual predict conversion propensity, free sign-up propensity, churn propensity, etc.).
Non-production Profiles means Profiles that can only be deployed in Non-production Sandboxes for development and testing purposes.
Non-production Sandbox means a Sandbox that can be used exclusively for development and testing with Non-production Profiles. Non-production Sandboxes support a volume of Non-production Profiles up to 10% of the Addressable Audience (measured cumulatively across all of Customer’s authorized Non-production Sandboxes). Non-Production Profiles are provided in addition to the Profiles provided in the Addressable Audience. Customer is entitled to up to (i) an Average Non-production Profile Richness of 100 kilobytes per authorized Non-production Profile (measured cumulatively across all of Customer’s authorized Non-production Sandboxes); and (ii) 1 Batch Segmentation Job per day per Non-production Sandbox, for use in conjunction with its Non-production Sandboxes.
Opportunity means a record of information representing a sales opportunity as represented in the Profile Service.
Performance Guardrails means usage limits that relate to the scoping of Customer’s proposed use case. Should Customer exceed a Performance Guardrail, Customer may experience performance degradation; Adobe will not be responsible for such performance degradation. Customers who consistently exceed a Performance Guardrail may elect to license additional capacity and avoid performance degradation.
Profile means a record of information representing an individual (including Directly Identifiable Profiles and Pseudonymous Profiles) as represented in the Profile Service. Data included in a Profile may include data related to the individual’s attributes, behavior, and segment membership. Profile volumes are determined based on the default deterministic Identity Graph included with Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition).
Profile Merge Policy means rules that the Profile Service uses to determine how data from different sources will be combined to create unified Profiles.
Profile Service means a data store within Adobe Experience Platform where Profiles are created and stored. Profile Service is a Shared Feature.
Pseudonymous Profile means a Profile that includes no Directly Identifiable Information.
Query Service means a service in the Adobe Experience Platform that facilitates Customer's use of standard SQL to query and transform data in Adobe Experience Platform. Query Service is a Shared Feature.
Query Service User means any User making an SQL query to Query Service through the Query Service user interface, a Notebook, Experience Platform API, or external system any for data analysis or data exploration.
Sandbox means a logical separation within Customer’s instance of any Adobe On-demand Service that accesses Adobe Experience Platform isolating data and operations. Sandboxes can either be used for production purposes or Non-production Sandboxes. Sandboxes used for production purposes share the authorized entitlements of the base Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition) production system (measured cumulatively across all of Customer’s Sandboxes used for production purposes). Non-production Sandboxes share the authorized entitlements specified with non-production use cases (measured cumulatively across all of Customer’s authorized Non-Production Sandboxes). Sandboxes are a Shared Feature.
Second-generation Data means anything other than First-generation Data.
Scoping Parameters means usage limits that relate to the scoping of Customer’s proposed use case. Should Customer exceed a Scoping Parameter, Adobe will work with Customer to remedy the issue leading to overusage. Should Customer persistently exceed a Scoping Parameter, Customer may be required to license additional capacity.
Scoring Run means the processing of Profiles through an Instance.
Segmentation Service means the service within Adobe Experience Platform that allows Customer to create and manage its Profile segments. Segmentation Service is a Shared Feature.
Shared Feature means a feature or functionality and its associated limitations that are shared (i.e., not additive) across all applicable Adobe Experience Platform-based Products and Services licensed by Customer. If any of Customer’s other applicable Adobe Experience Platform-based Product and Services provide a higher limitation (either because the base-level limitation is higher or because Customer has licensed an available add-on), the highest limit will apply to all of Customer’s applicable Adobe Experience Platform-based Products and Services, except as expressly set forth otherwise for such limitation.
Stable Identifier means any identifier other than a cookie ID or device ID.
Static Limit means a usage limit that relates to the technical boundaries of Real-time Customer Data Platform (B2B Edition). Customer may not modify Static Limits.
Streaming Segmentation means updating segment membership for a Profile as new data enters the Segmentation Service through a streaming flow. Segment membership is evaluated based on the current Profile attributes and the value of the current event, without taking historical behavior into account. Streaming Segmentation is a Shared Feature.
Total Authorized Profile Storage means Total Production Storage plus Total Non-production Storage. Total Production Storage is a Shared Feature.
Total Non-production Storage means Average Non-production Profile Richness (including any add-ons) multiplied by the number of authorized Non-production Profiles. Total Non-Production Storage is a Shared Feature.
Total Production Storage means Average Profile Richness (including any add-ons) multiplied by the Addressable Audience. Total Production Storage is a Shared Feature.