If you receive the error "Core Sync has unexpectedly quit" after you install the 220.127.116.11 update for the Creative Cloud desktop application, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Sign out of Creative Cloud within the apps preferences.
- Quit the Creative Cloud desktop application from the apps preferences.
- Using Activity Monitor (macOS) or Task Manager (Windows), ensure that the following two processes are closed: CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service.
- Navigate to the following path:
macOS: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync
Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden starting with 10.7 or later. See How to access hidden User Library files.
Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default on Windows. See How to show hidden files.
- Delete any files in the folder that end in .db, .db-shm, or db.wal. (You should have three or four of these files, but possibly more if you've used multiple Creative Cloud accounts on the system.)
- Relaunch Creative Cloud and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- (Mac only) If you continue to experience crashes, remove extra Creative Cloud files folder entries from Favorites:
- Launch Finder.
- In the Favorites pane on the left side of the Finder window, individually select all links to the Creative Cloud files folder. After you select all links, you should see only one, as in the image below.