AcroCEF.exe/RdrCEF.exe are inseparable processes of Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat Reader. They handle multiple integral aspects of the application such as network interaction and Document Cloud services (Fill and Sign, Send For Signature, Share for View/Review, and so on). For more information, see What are RdrCEF.exe and AcroCEF.exe processes?
If these processes do not function properly, an error message is displayed while using any of the services dependent on the processes.
Antivirus software can interfere or block the AcroCEF/RdrCEF processes. The processes reside in AcroCEF folder. Add the folder to the exception list of your antivirus software.
The steps below explain how to add exceptions to Avast antivirus software. If you are using different antivirus software, follow the instructions on the respective website, and add the AcroCEF folder to the exception list accordingly.
Uninstall Acrobat/Acrobat Reader from your computer:
- Open the Run command dialog by pressing the Windows key and the R key.
- In the dialog, type Control Panel and click OK.
- In the Control Panel, select Program and Features, and then select Acrobat/Acrobat Reader from the list of installed programs.
- Click Uninstall and follow the prompts to uninstall Acrobat/Acrobat Reader.
Reinstall the latest version of Acrobat/Acrobat Reader on your computer:
- For Acrobat, go to the Acrobat Download and installation help page, and then follow the link to download and install your version of Acrobat.
- For Acrobat Reader:
- Go to the Adobe Reader Downloads page and click Download Acrobat Reader.
- Allow the Download Manager sufficient time to download all necessary installation files. Then follow the prompts to install Reader.