If Photoshop Elements crashes on launch or while using the app, it could be because of a defective or incompatible plug-in.
- Check the plug-in manufacturer’s website for the latest version of your plug-in. Download an updated version to fix plug-in issues.
- Use the manufacturer’s plug-in installer to install (or re-install) their plug-ins.
If the crash is resolved after you perform the above mentioned steps, then one or more plugins which are installed on your system is incompatible with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.
To identify which plugin is causing the crash, do one or more of the following:
- Move the plug-in from the Plug-In folder to a temporary location that is outside of Photoshop Element’s Plug-Ins folder (for example, to a new folder on your Desktop).
- Rename plug-in files so that the filename begins with a tilde (~). Photoshop Elements does not load files that begin with a tilde.
- Follow the uninstall/removal instructions provided by each plug-in’s publisher to uninstall the plug-in.
Third-party and optional plug-ins are installed in the following locations:
If you encounter crashes even after performing the mentioned steps, reach out to Grp-ElementsSupport@adobe.com.