Quit all Adobe applications currently running on your desktop.
How to install drivers from NVIDIA
The system compatibility report in Premiere Pro scans your system and lets you know if you need to update your drivers. Use the instructions in this document to update your Nvidia drivers.
Adobe strongly recommends that you use the latest Studio Driver provided by Nvidia. For more information and update the drivers, see the Nvidia documentation.
Also, NVIDIA has ended support for Kepler mobile GPUs. If you are using one of these devices, the system compatibility report In Premiere Pro 14.0 alerts you that your driver needs to be updated. However, there are no driver updates for this series. For more information, see the Nvidia documentation.
Nvidia has stopped releasing Studio Drivers for older GPU’s (9 Series or below). However, the the latest Game Ready Drivers are still available and can be installed from the Nvidia drivers download page.
Follow the steps below to download and install an Nvidia driver.
Before you start
- Create a backup of your boot volume. For more information, see How to: Create a system image in Windows 10.
- Identify your NVIDIA GPU make and model before downloading the appropriate driver to make sure you have the correct drivers.
Install NVIDIA drivers
If you are logged in as a Guest or Standard User, Windows will not permit you to install the driver. Some organization do not allow users to regulate what they install and how they can manipulate the system and application settings. You may need to contact your system admin for assistance with installing the driver in that situation.
Confirm the driver type you have. Your two choices are Standard and DCH. To determine your driver type, open the NVIDIA Control Panel and click System Information in the lower left corner of the control panel. In the System Information dialog, locate the type of driver next to the Driver Type field. If you do not see this field, you are most likely using a Standard driver.
- NVIDIA DCH display drivers are supported on Windows 10 x64 April 2018 Update (Version 1803 OS Build 17134) and later versions. Go to this link for more information regarding driver types.
- Uninstall the Nvidia driver according to these instructions.
- Before downloading and installing Nvidia drivers follow the steps below to choose the correct drivers for your Nvidia GPU.
Choose the Product Type, Product Series and Product that matches your GPU.
Choose the Windows Driver Type that matches the type you determined in step 2.
Choose the Download Type that best matches the Product Type you selected in step 4:
- For Quadro GPUs choose Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE).
- For GeForce or TITAN GPUs choose Studio Driver (SD).
Choose your appropriate Language.
Click Search to be taken to the appropriate page where you can click Download to get the driver installer.
After the driver installer has downloaded, double click the installer .exe file to begin installation according to the instructions in this Nvidia article.
Troubleshoot driver installation
This is the most common error message that occurs while trying to update the driver.
This might happen if the restart is pending or any NVIDIA service is still active in the background process under Task Manager. Restart your system if you get this error.
For more troubleshooting help, see Solving NVIDIA installer issues.