Apple Mac OS X 10.6 updates Safari to 64-bit. The browser plug-in installed by Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader 9.x and earlier is 32-bit. As a result PDF files will not view in-line when using Safari using Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
Customers can run Safari in 32-bit, which will allow the Adobe Acrobat/Reader plug-in to load and be used.
In order to run Safari in 32-bit mode, follow the instructions below:
1. If Safari is open quit Safari by going to Safari>Quit Safari
2. Open a new Finder window and navigate to the Applications folder.
3. In the Finder, select Safari.
4. Go to File>Get Info.
5. In the "Safari Info" window, open the "General" section.
6. Select the check box "Open in 32-bit mode"