We've updated most current apps to 64-bit architecture. The following versions work in Catalina, but have these known issues.
Most older Adobe apps were created using 32-bit architecture and do not work in Catalina. We have no plans to update apps that we no longer support or develop. The following table lists some common 32-bit Adobe apps that are not compatible with Catalina. (It is not a comprehensive list of all older 32-bit Adobe apps.)
|Adobe Product||Status and alternatives|
|Creative Cloud apps – 2018 release and earlier||No updates planned. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest release of Creative Cloud apps.|
|Captivate||Update scheduled end of 2019|
|Creative Suite apps||No updates planned. We recommend that you upgrade to Creative Cloud.|
|Fuse||No updates planned. Find free characters on Mixamo.|
|Presenter Video Express||No updates planned. We recommend moving to Adobe Captivate.|
|SpeedGrade||No updates planned. Certain features have been integrated into Premiere Pro, which is 64-bit compliant.|
Before you upgrade to Catalina, we recommend that you uninstall your 32-bit Adobe apps. Older uninstallers are also 32-bit apps and don't work in Catalina.
If you already upgraded to Catalina, you can use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall older versions of Creative Cloud apps.
You can update your apps using the Creative Cloud desktop app. See how to update your apps to the latest versions.
See the following documents for known issues with Adobe apps and macOS Catalina:
- Acrobat compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Captivate compatibility with macOS Catalina
- Lightroom and macOS Catalina
- Lightroom Classic and macOS Catalina
- Photoshop and macOS Catalina
- Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements | macOS Catalina (10.15)
- Adobe video and audio applications and Catalina | macOS 10.15
- Enterprise: Known issues with Creative Cloud packages on macOS Catalina